Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

what does braxton hicks feel like?

i probably sound like an idiot, but can anyone tell me what braxton hicks feels like? i am 31 weeks today and i woke up this morning with a funny ache (sort of thing) on the top right side of my bump and a little bit on the left but not as severe it was'nt unbearable pain but enough to make me wince a little and sit up in bed. should i be worried? :\?

Replies

• It feels like your whole belly goes tight or tense and sometimes abnormal looking for a few seconds but then goes back to normal. It can be uncomfortable and sometimes unable to move much but unless its the real thing they shouldn't be painfull.
  • i was quite hungry at the time. i didnt really notice any tightness, perhaps baby was lying funny?
  • Im getting these quite a lot now and its uncomfortable but not painful. My bump goes really hard and at times is distorted (maybe is depends on the position of the baby when I get one). Strange feeling but usually goes away after 1-2 mins in my case.
    Denise
    xx
  • its a bit like cramp. Doesnt hurt just makes moving difficult.
  • To me, Braxton Hicks just feel like my whole abdomen is rock hard for a few minutes, and depending on where baby is laying, it's harder where he's nearer the surface. It's never painful.... Just bloody uncomfortable!!!!! x
  • To me, Braxton Hicks just feel like my whole abdomen is rock hard for a few minutes, and depending on where baby is laying, it's harder where he's nearer the surface. It's never painful.... Just bloody uncomfortable!!!!! x