Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Any Advice On Overworking w/Preeclampsia?

I'am 18 weeks pregnant,and high risk for  preeclampsia I work in dialysis where I'm on my feet all day for 13 hours the clinic calls for 3 people working and sometimes it's only two of us which puts a strain on me I have called in twice and have went to the hospital twice due to round ligament pain from the constant bending and working, sometimes I go home and I'm in so much pain it actually hurts to sit in certain positions not to mention the fluid retention in my legs/feet that are swollen my dr. Gave me a paper to give my employer that states I have a break of 20 mins every 4 hours that hasn't been followed and when I call in from not being able to work the next day I'm blamed for not caring about the patients nor my team and fussed for calling in twice this year I have to schedule an appointment with my doctor to explain to him what's been happening so you think he will write me off or should I continue to push through the pain as I have been doing? Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated.