Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

maternity clothes

Im 19 weeks gone, and suddenly none of my clothes are fitting. I've got some bits from mothercare, but where else is there that does maternity clothes, I've never taken any notice before! For work I think I'm just going to buy a load of vests and just ware my normal work shirts open over the top. Got anyother ideas to look good still without spending a fortune on a new wardrobe.
Ruthxx

Replies

• ive not really had that probme im still in my nromal clothes and im 31 weeks!! marks and spencers have nice maternity wear and next depending on what you like but its all a bit old for me because im only 19 but i havent come accross that problem yet
  • I have ive gone from a size 14 to an 18image:cry: ive just bought some normal vest tops and elasticated trousers and they will last but george from asda has a maternity section along with top shop, evans has some aswell, but i think your cheapest and best bet is elasticated trousers like trackies(tracksuit bottoms) and vest tops image
  • Hi there are some nice clothes if you go online at warehouse. I have also been having a look at things in red herring in debenhams, next and dorothy perkins. These maternity clothes are not always cheap so your best bet is to grab some bargains in primark and buy the next size up!
  • hi ruth!! I got a lot of cheap clothes from primark. vests etc for a ??1/2 each you can't beat it!! lol :\) asda is great as they too are good value. wait for the next/dottyp's sale just after xmas and have a look then for maternity clothes. they only thing I bought full price was a black wrap around dress from www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk. it cost ??35 I think & I still wear it now.. I bought it for a wedding I was going to but wore it too every 'doo' I went to whilst pregnant & just wore different jewerlly/scarfs etc with it to make it look different. I do think a couple of very good maternity pants/jeans are worth there weight in gold. good luck clothes buying...! xxxx :\)
  • Hello!!
    I struggled at first to find maternity clothes... But ive found Dorothy Perkins/New Look/Next/H&M M&S for Maternity Bras...
    Verbaduet/Bloomin Marvellous/Seraphine (quite expensive good mail order..
    Websites funmum.com/formes quite expensive though...
    Hope this is a start...
    Sx
  • Hi, I have found some great items on e-bay, you can get everything from brand new designer wear to ordinary run of the mill , second hand clothes.