Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

being sent to early pregnany unit...very scared.

Called my doctor this morning after discovering slightly stained discharge, she said she is sure there is nothing to worry about as not actually bleeding but said she'd try and book a scan for me. The scan is Thursday morning, which seems a life time away as I am worrying...I'll be scared to look incase there is nothing on the screen. Chances are she said it's a water infection but can't help but worry, I'm nearly 10 weeks gone.

Replies

• i know it's easy to say but try not to worry.

good luck, let us know how you get on,

gr x
  • Best of luck, Don't worry (lot easier said than done,...)

Let us know how things go

AliXXXX
  • Hi. I had the same when I was 7-8 weeks pregnant. I had a brownish discharge and then occasional birght red, but never a lot, and it would go away. I had a scan at 8 weeks and then again at 12 weeks because the same happened again, but a bit more and bright red. It was the scariest thing, but everything turned out ok. My advice is take some time off work if you work and get a lot of sleep time and relax, and try not to worry too much, although I know that will fall on deaf ears. With my first scan, they didn't see anything on the scan but picked up on the baby and the heart beat etc, with my second scan they saw a haematoma, a bruise in the womb, and they said that this is what likely caused the bleeding and should go away in time. It did and I haven't had any bleeding since, although it still puts you a bit on edge for the rest of the pregnancy. Good luck love, i hope everythig works out well for you. x

[Modified by: answan on May 29, 2007 06:38 PM]
  • Hi, I had the same thing last week and was terrified the same as you. I had a scan last Thursday and everything is fine, I was told that bleeding in early pregnancy is far more common than some of the books etc lead us to believe so please try not to worry too much. My mum said she also had spotting throughout her pregnancy with my brother. Fingers crossed that everything is ok for you, let us know how the scan goes. xxx
  • try not to worry i know its easy said then done.we got told we had lost our baby and i am now 21 weeks so try to relax
  • try not to worry i know its easy said then done.we got told we had lost our baby and i am now 21 weeks so try to relax
  • I was sent to the EPU at 11 weeks for the same reason, everythng was fine and i'm now 24+4. I know it's difficult to relax and everyone tells you it will be fine, but do your best to take each day each day as it comes. Any chance of gettng signed off work? It really helped me to get my head together and relax.
    Good luck, fingers crossed.:\)
  • Hey... Im sure there isnt much to worry about. When you say slihgtly stained? Are you meaning blood stained? Some women actually continue to have blood along with their discharge during the entire pregnancy. Or yeh myabe its just some kind of infection which is hard to occur considering all that is going on inside you. Being pregnant does actually make you suseptable to things like thrush and water infections and other little possable gyne infections, which can cause a funny coloured discharge. It may just be your discharge along without any actually being wrong. Everyone is different so hard to tell unless I look at it. Im sure everything is fine. Try not to worry and Good luck. Amirah xo