Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Expecting #1 - looking for friends

Replies

• Options

Nrbx- That has made me giggle because the same thing happens to me of a night time my temperature jus goes through the roof so it appears were experiencing the same thing. But ScottyL just suggested a pregnancy pillow so I definitely think its worth looking into.

My immediate family know due to being in hospital but friends and other family members are still in the dark.

im really excited though can’t wait to tell everyone. Im like bursting yet my OH is so chilled have you told anyone yet?

• Options

CantWaitToBeAMomma - so I told my closest friend and a friend from here because they knew we were trying, hubby told his friend and sort of boss but nobody else knows.. His parents want grandchildren so his mum is asking around but he is saying no :D (he is bit angry with her, so probably will end up telling her quite late on when it is unavoidable) and my parents are not expecting it at all I think so their reaction will be very very different.. but I hope all will be good at the end

• Options

Everness-Oh thats amazing im a sucker for a happy ending im welling up and i just feel like your body knows when your mentally and phyiscally ready im also a true believer of nothing before its time. But i‘ve never felt so mentally ready before but this time i feel like everything is exactly how it should be i hope anyway.

But i think im definetly going to try a pregnancy pillow. Poor OH gets woken up all through the night to move over or turn this way or that feel sorry for the poor man 😂

• Options

I have this one...I find while I don’t have a big bump, if I have it round my back it’s like sleeping on a cloud! But I personally think any would be equally as good, I just didn’t want to spend a fortune on it!

https://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/55/42675/kit-for-kids-cuddle-me-pregnancy-pillow-hot-air-balloon/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI867wmr-t2gIVRDPTCh2E9ATxEAQYAiABEgI8VvD_BwE

• Options

Everness-You planning on a big pregnancy reveal? Or small and understated? 

• Options

CantWaitToBeAMomma - I felt ready for quite a time :D but my studies were important :D they still are :D I am finishing this year :D I believe it is up to every single one of us if we want kids or not (that closest friend of mine does not want kids, but is super supportive for me and was celebrating when I got my II) and if we want them when.. I know that people around us can have their opinions but it is our lives to live :) as my dad is here in UK with me and my mum is back home (they are divorced) I have no idea how will I tell them, I want to do something nice for my dad first and then back home we have mothers day second May Sunday so I am planning on sending my mum flowers with scan pic and something nice and hopefully facetime her at the time to see her reaction - no matter how bad it will be :D but I am sure she will be excited in the end as she loves seeing her almost step-grandson :D how do you plan on telling people? :) 

• Options

ScottyL-Thank you for that hunny my back winced as i saw the photo asif it knows heaven is coming 😂 i dont want to spend alot on anything maternity wise because i will want rid of it as soon as the baby is born.. terrible ocd

Everness- No I completely understand that im in the middle of studying to but of anything it just makes me want to work harder for the little babe whats coming do you agree?

im actually the last one out of all my close friends but it’s actually never bothered me but i cant wait to be apart of the mommy team.

aww that sounds like an amazing idea.. I literally have no clue? I think im still in a daze at the fact that we are pregnant and nearing on to second trimester.

• Options

It went ok telling them thanks Everness. I felt better for it in the end as although it now means more people know, it felt less like i had a secret that I couldn’t tell so it’ll be easier to keep quiet and I won’t look as obvious to other members of staff if that makes any sense? A friend said yesterday about another friend whos due any day now that she knew (they work together) because she was walking different and sitting different. So tiring trying to keep it hidden already and I’m only 5 weeks! Got another 7 weeks of this haha! 

I’m spotting today though which is worrying me. I feel really discharge-y and some spotting ealier. I‘m so scared. Now I’ve told work too and this happens. Please keep everything crossed for me I dont want to lose another one :( 

On a hoping all is fine note though - anyone else waking up super early. As in 5.30am and BING I’m awake no matter what day of the week or how tired I am. 

• Options

Bjrg- Just wanted to offer some advice and support although we all know spotting can be completley normal, for others who have had not so great experiences can send alarm bells.

Ive been recommended to keep my legs up no stretching lifting or bending down i know this sounds almost impossible but until your entirely sure i would be on the safe side. Sending positivity and protection to you and urborn baby.

As for waking up early sounds like thts the time you will be waking up every morning when little one does arrive

• Options

Cantwaittobeamama you’re totally right, little bump is getting my body clock used to it a few months early by the looks of it!! Thank you for saying that, I appreciate the support. It’s so hard not to panic but I know if keep calm it’s less likely to trigger anything bad anyway. I’ll try keep my legs up, and wont lift or bend. Been stretching today sorting out displays for the new term as all slipped my mind. Will have to stop carrying on as normal and think about our unborn baby. Thank you xxxx

• Options

CantWaitToBeAMomma - yeah, true 😊 and what I am telling myself is that I will have kids early on and then when I will have my career going I won’t have to get a break for kids 😊 and my partner is very supportive, he is looking forward to staying at home with kids and let me do the working (as I enjoy my field more than him) I am actually going to be first of all my close friends 😃 I only have few around that were not much planning it 😃 so I am different, but I was also the first one to get married so 😃

Bjrg - 😃 it can be quite hard to keep it a secret I know, so I told this colleague today (he was super excited) just because I know I will be having lots of pee breaks and food/drink breaks so I did not want him to guess anything but one of the people at lab is super interested who is pregnant when supervisor was looking at safety in the lab 😃 but I think she does not suspect me at all.. that will be fun when she finds out.. 4 more weeks only for me… how much of spotting did you have? I had tiny bit of pink spotting on Saturday or Friday, but nothing big, no large flow so that should be fine.. when you are just 5 weeks it can be late implantation as it takes it some time to get out… but it is normal to have some spotting throughout the pregnancy... hopefully it will not continue.. and with waking up I am usually up around 6 but I always try to make myself go back to sleep sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t…

• Options

Bjrg-Think we all have to stop n take a moment to remember all the important work our bodies are doing especially when we are all so used to whizzing around getting things done but there will be plenty of time for that when the little ones here and always ask for help at work i do because to me nothings more important then the little lives we are growing xxx

Everness- We all have our own journey to take i bet your girlfriends will all be jumping on to the baby waggon as soon as your little one comes. Ooo a house hubby i like tht idea sounds like you’ve got a good one there dont think many would offer to do that. You’ve both got your plan and each other who cares about the naysayers xx

• Options

Hey am also expecting my first am 21 weeks and found out am having a little girly and she is a trouble maker already kicking and doing summersalts all the time just now. 

I told my work and family when I first found out but everyone else didn’t know till 12 weeks. 

I have been taking bump photos since I was 12 weeks and it shows how much you grow but the last week I seemed to of just went pop and the bump has come from nowhere so you have this all to come yet but defo keep pictures for memory’s really.

when I first found out I didn’t really have much symptoms at all then the sore boobs and tiredness kicked in but I was lucky had no sickness at all. I did find that after 12 weeks my stomach was always sore but the midwife said this is the body stretching to fit the baby in but it has finally eased off now. 

Hope your all Feeling good and not to sick it will eventually pass x

• Options

LizzieLouise - Congrats on finding out you are having a little girl!

I can’t wait to find out in about 4 weeks. My bets are on me having a boy...but I’ll wait and see.

How lovely that you have been taking bump photos, I keep forgetting, although at 16 weeks I don’t have much of a bump yet.

I bet it was lovely to feel that first kick wasn’t it? How far along were you when you first felt movement?

• Options

Thanks scottyl 

yeh I didn’t start getting a proper bump till about 18-19 weeks and then it’s just gone crazy from there I have been lucky as only put on 8 pounds so far so am really surprised but I have to watch everything I eat because am diabetic and take insulin so I have had to add in more than what I would usually take. 

I started to feel rolling movements about 19 weeks they do say between 18-22 weeks you start to feel them but I can now tell what is a kick and when she is rolling around but the hospital said she is a very active girl as it took them over an hour to get all her measurements at my 20 weeks scan. Feeling movements is really weird I found it odd but getting used to it now and been told they will only get stronger but she reacts to different voices now she seems to roll about more when she hears my brother speaking in the same room so I have to tell him to be quiet haha. 

Mots so exciting finding out I was sure I was having a boy but ended up a girl which I was so happy with. 

Have you bought anything for baby yet or you holding off till you find out the sex? 

• Options

Lizzielouise - aww I’m so excited to feel kicks! It has passed so quickly since 12 weeks so hoping the next 4 go equally as quick.

All I’ve bought so far is a unisex baby grow...then I decided I was too impatient to wait  to find out the gender so haven’t bought any more.

Bet you are loving being past half way! That’s really sweet that she can tell different voices.

• Options

Yeh it does pass really quick but am starting to feel it slowing down now because am discussing maternity leave so I know it’s going to drag as am coming off at 29 weeks because I’ll be induced at 38 so only 17 weeks left to go really it’s mad. 

I did the same bough a unisex sleep suit then waited until I new the sex but I went private at 16 weeks to find out so I have loads of cloths bouncer Moses basket. I have bought a second hand cot and when am off going to paint it and put my own designs on to it so it will be unique.

they do say though that you dont realise some of the feelings you get in your tummy is your baby moving my friend had a popping feeling when she first felt her baby move. I first felt it when I was relaxing in bed so give your belly a run and baby might move for you 

• Options

I’m so nervous I keep reading online that very light bleeding in the early weeks is normal (I’m five weeks). I still have pregnancy symptoms but the cramps are so painful. I spotted a little yesterday and today there is a tiny amount too. We miscarried at five weeks last time but my pregnancy tests also stopped saying positive around the time my period was due and I bled the following week. This time pregnancy tests are all very much postive any time of day but I’m so scared because of this spotting. At what point do I phone the hospital? I have an early scan anyway a week on Friday but it’ll be a very long 10 days if I’m like this until then. 

Any advice from you lovely first time mums to be but further along? Anyone spot a little in the early days but all was fine? The blood is like old blood after a period has finished and only when I wipe. This morning it was more pink but again only when I wipe after going to the toilet. 

I know my Mum had a suspected miscarriage when she was having me so I’m assuming that she must have bled a little at some point - does that run in families?

• Options

Bjrg 

I never had spotting at all but I had really bad cramping and everything was fine they say if it’s light pink or brown not to worry to much it is totally normal but if you feel worried at at just call the midwife that’s what they told me as you are just putting yourself under more stress and You don’t need that. 

• Options

CantWaitToBeAMomma - some of them are looking forward to going out but at the moment they are not in need of their own babies 😃 I am not sure I like the idea of house hubby, I think he will be surprised how hard it will be so.. we will see.. 

Lizzielouise - welcome 😊 that is great 😊 have you thought about baby names so far? 😊 sore boobs and tiredness were the signs for me before I tested too 😊

Bjrg - are you still spotting today? I am not sure about the spotting running in families, I haven’t heard about it and I am geneticist…

How is everyone doing today?