Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Expecting #1 - looking for friends

Replies

• Everness- I definitely think it will be a shock to the system for any new parent especially daddies as they are just not wired in the same way as mummies but with the right support and encouragement im sure you can train him well

Bjrg-Think for your own peace of mind you should visit your local walk in centre/gp/MW or something? Maybe that way you can get your scan date pulled forward. The thing is no two pregnancies are the same my friend had spotting right up until her first scan and heavy bleeding and went on to have a healthy happy baby, she two had suffered miscarriages previously.

But for your own sanity i’d seek help.

Hope all the expectant mummies in the group are well xxx

• Hi hun. Congratulations. I just found out I’m pregnant with my first yesterday. I’m a bit scared but a lot excited lol. Can‘t wait. X

• Bjrg- Really hope everything is ok, I agree with can’twaittobeamomma about going to a walk in centre or does your Doctors do drop in sessions with the midwife? 

LaurenBlake - Congratulations on your news! I felt exactly the same when I found out I was pregnant!

x

• LaurenBlake- Congratulations on your news its such a mix of emotions i don’t even think there is even a word out there for it.

Any ideas on how far along you might be?

• Hi ya

I’m 15, very young, but i’m expecting first child, i’m worried about complications of pregnancy because i know there’s such a high risk, been to the doctors today and pregnancy has been confirmed and i have been referred to midwife, was wondering how long it takes for her to get in contact, also tips to stop worrying?

Congrats to everyone 

xxx

• Welcome firstbabyx 

you May only be 15 but you will still be fantastic my cousin was 15 with her first baby and she is doing amazing now and her little boy is 5. Don’t worry to much about complications it’s just protocol that they have to tell you this doesn’t mean any will occur in your pregnanc. 

I had to contact my midwife myself and she called back within a few days to make an appointment but I was 9 weeks when I had my booking in appointment so I wouldn’t worry to much. 

Man now 21 weeks and am classed as high risk pregnancy with my medical health and to be fair I have been better since been pregnant than I have before hand. Just enjoy the pregnancy and all things to come. 

we are all here for advice when needed so feel free to message at anytime hun x

• CantWaitToBeAMomma - yeah train him well 😃 that made me laugh 😃 I am trying to train him well for more than 6 years at the moment 😃 little improvements 😃 😃

LaurenBlake - welcome and congratulations 😊 how long have you been trying? 😊

firstbabyx - I have a friend from here at MFM and she had her first at 15 and she is amazing mum 😊 the complications can happen but if you are listening to your midwife all should be good 😊 with the midwife, I think it is up to the area where you live, because for some they get in touch with you, for some you have to get in touch, some takes ages, some less but try not to worry too much, that is the last thing you want when pregnant 😊

Lizzielouise - why are you classed high risk if I might ask? I am worried about my fibroid doing bad things while pregnant 😕

• Hi all I replied in the due date group by accident so that must have looked a bit odd out of context haha. Long story short, I phoned my consultant for my normal health issues who suggested I be seen asap by the gynae team. I spent a few hours at the hospital as with my other symptoms it looked more like ectopic rather than mc so had tests for that. All tests and examination came back fine and obs suggested all should be fine. I am getting a 6 week scan a week tomorrow just to confirm todays tests. I'll be under obs as well as midwife though because of my underlying condition and all the scar tissue I have from previous operations is probably why I'm in so much pain now as my uterus is stretching. 

So all is fine but I'll be a higher risk under a closer inspection throughout. I probably won't be able to give birth naturally either but to be honest that's the least of my worries haha! As long as I have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby it doesn't matter how its born. 

Thank you everyone for your support, I do appreciate it and I'm glad you gave me the confidence that I wasn't being dramatic thinking something was up. Fortunately all seems fine and I can relax again. 

Is anyone doing a pregnancy journal? I have just ordered one that starts at 6 weeks and I'm so sentimental so I like the idea of it to jot down everything and remember. Even the bad stuff like today being in tears in the hospital thinking I was losing the baby. It's hopefully going to be totally eclipsed by the good stuff soon :)

• Everness- 😂😂 i can completely and utterly relate it is a job within itself which i feel prepares us for motherhood half the time i feel like i already have one child never mind the one on the way 😂

Bjrg- Oh i am so so happy for you i‘m so glad you’ve some good news because we can sit here and send ourselves insane and atleast you know from early on what to expect and that they will be keeping a closer eye on you thats defo a result in it self 

Firstbabyx- I completely agree with the other ladies, take each day as it comes its over whelming in any case im 26 n i still worry like mad but then i jus have to remember we were made for this and people do it every day xxx

• Hey everness 

man classes as a high risk due to been a type 1 diabetic there is a lot of complications specially when the pregnancy is unplanned like mine. There is a chance the baby will have deformities and health issues like me to and they expect me to have a huge baby what am already aware of as family have gotten gestational diabetes when pregnant and amthere babies were big. I have always been told I couldnt fall pregnant naturally with my PCOS and here I am 9 years after they told me it wouldn’t happen and it did. 

I also have bowl problems to along with arthritis in my muscles and joints so am pretty much ready to be put down but since been pregnant they have eased off a little just get niggles every now and then but I know I will start to suffer soon as I am getting very big now.

bjrg I am so glad you have been seen and your mind is now at rest you made the right decision to go and get seen and you should never ever feel like your been dramatic at all it’s all new to you and the midwifes are prepared to help no matter what. Glad everything is ok with baby and you just take things easy specially with the pain take plenty paracetamol as it helped me loads as I was crippled with pain for a long time and it was the only thing that kept me going everyday. 

• Bjrg - I’m happy that it went better than expected at the hospital. At least with close monitoring if you are worried about anything you have someone to speak to.

I have a pregnancy journal too, I’m looking forward to adding pics of my bump when it finally pops!

x

• Hey Lizzielouise- I seen you had mentioned paracetamol so just a quickie are they fine to tAkE? Cause everyday im suffering with horrid headaches and im jus suffering in silence because i didnt like the idea of taking paracetamol everyday which at one point it was so ive jus been putting up with it but tonight its been unbearable xxx

• Cantwaittoneamonna 

yeh paracetamol is fine I was worried about taking it everyday but was told it was fine. If your headaches become unbearable go to the doctors they will prescribe co-codamol to I had a week where I couldn’t move for the pain in my head felt like someone was taking a hammer to it and doctor said as I was 17 weeks at that point I could still take co-codamol and it cleared the sore head within 3 days and haven’t had another since that’s been 4 weeks now but I still take paracetamol regular for my stomach problems and to help get through the cold I have had . 

• Lizzielouise- Aww thanks for that hunny, it jus makes me wana nap all the time when i know my body isn’t tired usually because ive already had a nap bt my head feels like a rock. I mean when i do take paracetamol they do the trick but I noticed bloody nora im takin these everyday but its good to know they are ok you can never 100% trust google xx

• bjrg - I am glad everything is fine 😊 and you had been seen 😊 with regards to the journal, I only have a plain journal that I am using, however, I had so many things in the last 2 weeks that I haven’t written anything into it, but before I wrote almost every day… 

Lizzielouise - that is so amazing that you were able to fall naturally with all the saying you wound not be.. you must be over the moon, apart from being high risk, but I believe even if it would not be naturally you would still be high risk..

CantWaitToBeAMomma - paracetamol is fine to take during whole pregnancy, the actual recommendation from drugs during pregnancy and lactation - risk assesment: Recommendation. Paracetamol/acetaminophen is the analgesic and antipyretic of choice. It can be used at usual dosages and at any stage of pregnancy.  I have the whole document full of most of the drugs so if you need a quick check I am happy to send it to you or check things for you 😊 I found it ages ago when I was looking for things my friend could take while she was pregnant and later breastfeeding 😊 however, you should take the lowest dose and for only the period it is really necessary, but that should be usual for most of the drugs all the time… I have headaches quite often, I usually just try to go with cold compress on my forehead and that sometimes helps me sleep but last week it was so bad I had to take paracetamol at 1am because I felt like crying

• Hi everyone 

im expecting my f child I am currently 4 weeks and 3 days today but I have been spott for a couple of days now I’m really worried has any one else experience this image

• Sara23 - I am sorry to hear about your spotting, maybe try going to early pregnancy unit near you.. I know that some women experience heavy red bleeding and it ends up being fine, others not, so I believe it is highly individual, but I would definitely go and see somebody

I hope others around here are doing well :) I had quite a slow day today :/ the moods are horrible with all the hormones, don’t you think?

• Sara23- I agree with everness you need to go to a walk in/gp/ or contact your midwife as every pregnancy is indivdually different so jus for peace of mind and a closer eye i would contact som professional help.

Everness-Somedays im literally like a psycho irl b shouting then sayin sorry then crying but it does calm down im 10 1/2 weeks be 11 on Monday n its calmed down in the last week or so.. My other half i jus prewarn him if im feelin abit wobbly i jus give him the head up from the beginning of the day like im sorry in advance darling 😂 

• CantWaitToBeAMomma - yeah, I told mine when I told him I am pregnant that from now on for 9 months I apologise in advance for any mood swings.. but he had been working quite a lot in last days and in the evenings I am usually very tired so we talk to each other less than usual.. that is exciting :) you are 2 weeks ahead of me :) have you had any appointments/scans so far? 

• Everness-Mine have calmed down cus at first they were terrible, i stil cry at everything though lol,

I had an early scan at 6 weeks and ive seen my MW and my proper scan came in the post for beginning of may i literally cannot wait as do early on its just the gestation sack so theres not much To see.

what about yourself?