Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Expecting #1 - looking for friends

Replies

• Thank you I will give them a call 

• Thank you I will do that 

• Omg guys I feel like a whale right now pelvis is agony and baby decided at 3am this morning she was going to have a party in there i am so tired today now as she just wouldn’t stop kicking me through the night 😴 putting in all my forms for maternity leave next week so cannot wait 7 weeks to go and then it will be time to get the nursery in full swing. 

Here is what’s to come my bump pic at 21+4

• CantWaitToBeAMomma - that is great, I will have my first MW next Wednesday and I hope scan will follow soon after, however, I am having private one on 1st May so that is the latest I will get to see my little bean 😊 

Lizzielouise - oh, that is how it will be, when kids decide to have party at night, we have no say in it.. I hope you will get some better sleep tonight..  good luck with all your forms 😊

I just hate that even when I am not feeling nauseous, my stomach feels really bad, it either feels like it is too full, not too full, or just unhappy in general.. it is worst at evenings and then I struggle with falling asleep, anyone experiencing something similar?  please let the placenta take over soon that this nausea/stomach problems will be gone, pleaseeeeeeee

• Aww everness 

yeh it’s horrible I was lucky only ever felt sick but was like that through till about 17 weeks the feeling of been full is horrible and it does go and then you will just want to eat all the time you will wake during the night because your hungry it’s so weird. 

Try eating little but often that helped me and with sleeping try cuddling into a pillow or get a maternity one as this doesn’t get any better so find ways to get comfy now so it will help you the rest of the way to I always liked a nice hot shower or bath before I go to bed just helps me feel more relaxed and let’s me get a few hours at least 

• Lizzielouise - thanks :) I am trying to eat little but often, but in last few days that is not helpful either.. and with regards to bath/shower I am used to taking very hot showers but I am putting that down as I know it might increase my temperature and that is what I don’t want.. it is just surviving these few weeks I think.. I know it might get worse later on as you said with kicks but I feel I would rather be up because my little one is kicking me than up because hormones are making my stomach hurt.. and I wanted to ask, have you thought of any names so far? :) 

• yeh it’s all about just managing and getting through the worst times you will get there. I have a few names I like Eloise, Elisa and Mia so far but going to wait until she is here and see what she looks like first I think 

• Hi All, i’ve been in hospital yesterday and was admitted due to severe one sided cramps, i’ve had an internal scan and tummy scan, both show no sign of pregnancy but my lining is thick as i have conceived, my dates work out to be 5 weeks but i’ve been on the pill so maybe my period has been messed up, i’m showing a positive test but on blood tests only 19 HCG, anyone had this and gone on to have healthy pregnancy? an Ectopic pregnancy has been ruled out and a miscarriage too, doctors have said i’m either very early or i’ve had Ectopic pregnancy and it’s resolved? should i be worried or is there still hope? 

thankyou x

• Lizzielouise - that is very true.. aaaw, I really like that you wait for how she looks like first 😊 Elisa was amongst the names we choose years ago with my husband 😃 yeah, we knew the names before we started trying 😃 but it took is some time, we went through a lot baby name pages and then combined the ones we liked for boy and girl Elisa was top, but then I persuaded him when I later found out another one that I liked better 😊 so when we will know the gender just before mid May we will start calling our little bean by name 😊

firstbabyx - that is interesting, I would think it was probably ectopic that sorted itself out as 19 is low hormonal levels… I believe only wait and see is the only thing you can do now..

• Everness I just can’t decide I want something unique and I haven’t hear another Eloise where I live so think that’s top of my list so far but you never know lol am just so bad at decidin. My friend keeps asking for a theme for the nursery and I have only just decided on that so now her and my mum have gone crazy buying stuff for going on the walls for her because I wanted a very neutral nursery didn’t want it to be pink so I have gone Winnie the Pooh and now there trying to get me to decide on a pram but I haven’t even looked yet just been getting other things instead like her cot mosses basket and bouncer. She has all her bottles now and steriliser and all the nappies and toiletries bought got all her 0-3 and 3-6 months cloths so far to. Going to get everything out tomorrow and see what I still need for her then think about what I will need to honestly my head is just battered with it all am so glad to have my mum and friend to help like 

• Lizzielouise - I can imagine that, it is quite hard, we have chosen not really traditional names for our kids, so we are not sure if we will actually tell people before birth what are the names as I am sure our parents would have say in it.. my friend wanted really unique names for all of her kids and she was giving them middle names (all girls) it took her ages to choose but she did it in the end, and just around the time she was giving birth another woman named girl same first name…  I am sure you will figure it out and all will be amazing 😊 and I am on your side with neutral nursery, I wound not want pink/blue themed one.. I personally start to be against these gender biases, I love blue colour since I was small 😃 you have quite a lot already bought, I think I will only start buying things in August/September (I am due November) as we will be moving and I need to finish my uni, so I am holding off buying things 😃 however, I am not sure for how  long 😃 it is good that you have friends to help 😊 that is important 😊

• morning ladies, 

I have a question :D anyone suffering from many hiccups during day? for me it is 10+ times daily, if not more.. and it is not like after I used stairs or something, it is just all of the sudden.. I am drinking even more water than usual so I feel like big watery person :D  

How are we doing? :) 

• Hi there! im 8 weeks also my first baby is due 8th of december all going ok 😍

• sassy18 - welcome :) how is your pregnancy going so far? I am 10 weeks just now :) feeling ok, most of the nausea is gone :) just tired a lot.. and sort of moody.. how long have you been trying? :) 

• I was feeling great until last week and the nausea slowly started it comes in waves all times of the day but particularly when I wake up this week has been tough but i know its all worth it. no other symptoms just tender boobs and fatigue so I have been lucky up yo now. How long does the MS usually last? 

• @everness we have been ttc for over 2 years also and referred to ivf clinic but found out i am pregnant the week before the first ivf app so we are over the moon 

• sassy18 - I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with nausea.. I had one really bad week, others only a bit.. have you tried snacking? that helped me a lot, because as soon as I started feeling a bit hungry I started feel sick.. so I just had all different sorts of snacks with me all the time.. and lots of water.. hopefully it will go away for you soon 😊 that is truly amazing that’s how it happened for you 😊 I am glad for you 😊 hopefully all will go well

and we have a baby prince...

• Trying ginger biscuits fruit and plenty of water and peppermint tea im hoping it passes soon. Just watching the news coverage another beautiful baby boy..

• sassy18 - I am not a fan of ginger so I did not eat those, but I had cereals with me most of the time as it is nice and small snack and not super sugary like chocolates etc :D I am so excited about any births at this moment, I cannot wait to have my own baby later this year.. I am excited, but scared too.. but that is normal :D

• Hi all,

Hope you are all well! I had my 20 week scan the other day....is anyone good at guessing genders?!

Laura