Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

planned or happy accident?

Replies

• i started planning andrtying for a lo. the oh decided we should wait so we stopped planning. One week later i concieved. oops. i think it was a happy accident (would of been planned)
  • Ive had 2 accidents.......!!!! This one we were going to start trying just waiting for next aunt flo but didnt arrive so planned accident I think.

Sara 33 wks
  • very much planned!! had a miscarriage and then 1 month later was pregnant again!! very quick!! but a good thing definately!! xxx
  • Happliy planned image)

• Planned but a huge suprise none the less. It took 18 months of very hard trying first time round, this time it took a week!
  • planned, only took 2 months of trying

xx
  • Planned...well not actually 100% sure its happened yet. 3 BFP's albeit very faint ones so waiting for tom to do test again to be sure. If that comes back positive too will book appointment at drs tom as back to school next week. We have been trying for 2 months to date so if this is it we have been very lucky to catch so quickly!
  • planned and happy accident.
    Why?
    Have had to have treatment for pregnany (icsi) but found ont at start of last year we could do it ourselves ended in mc. But November give us another chance and now 8 wks planned and accident

• Happy accident.
    We weren't being very careful and i did warn DB that we could get caught out and within 3 months we did. We are both really excited though and i am now 20 weeks!
  • All 5 of my children were planned by me anyway! Im such a bad person! x
  • Very much planned for me!!

We had been trying for 27 months, before getting married and concieveing on honeymoon!!!!

Now 15 weeks... and still can't believe I (hopefully) will become a mummy!!!

Sam xx:lol:
  • Planned. We got married in May and a month later we got talking and decided now was the right time to start trying. Came off the pill after being on it for about 6 years and we got pregnant that first month of trying which was a complete shock - i expected it to take at least a few months with me being on the pill for years and hubby is a smoker / drinker but so, so happy it happened so quick!! We feel extremely lucky and have been told we are expecting a girl.!:\):\)

• My first pregnancy was a planned accident. We had planned to get married in the June and my husband said that most women take at least a year to get preg so we should start trying at Christmas. After first month I wasn't pregnant so he took me to a private doctor who did a blood test and said that due to hormone problems I would never get pregnant naturally and gave me some fertility pills. I decided to secretly not start taking them until after my next period. Next period never came. Went back to see Dr to tell him I thought I was pregnant. When I told him I hadn't taken the pills he went mad and said that I was infertile and there was no possibility that I could be pregnant and if I didn't take the pills I would never have a child. I went and did a home pregnancy test which was positive and promptly changed Dr. The upshoot of it was on second month I was pregnant and had to walk up the aisle fat.

Second pregnancy was planned and took three tries before success. Six years on my husband (I don't know why I listen to him) told me that I was probably too old to get pregnant now so we could stop using contraception. Silly me listened to him and now a few months later I am pregnant again with number 3. I was upset at first but now I have found out it is a girl am much happier. However 3 will be enoughso refuse to let my husband near me in future without protection. So this one was unplanned but so happy now that I am having the daughter I always wanted.
  • thanks girls for sharing your Happy accident or Planned pregnancies it was really interesting to read! x
  • well i didn't plan it but i didn't do anything to prevent it. me and oh did want kids but not planned to have one yet. we very happy about it and wouldn't change it for the world.
  • accidently on purpuse. we didn't do anything to prevent it. but me and oh are very happy so it's not so bad.
  • planned took us 6 months ( seemed to have been trying for soooo long!!) ( came off pill) so my af's were not regular still aren't thats why i do not know how far gone i am. i can't wait til i am 12 weeks and can start buying stuff and can't wait to decorate the nursery yey yey xx
  • Hi everyone. I was trying for yeard with my husband. Well I was trying he didn't care too much. Now happy with my bf(who didn't want kids) so i was very scared when i found out and cried alot telling him. But in the end its turned out to be a happy accident cause we really love each other. And will be great parents.
  • i surpose mine were techinally planned. we wernt actually trying but on the other hand we werent doing anything to prevent it either.