Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wish me luck ladies...

Hi to all mums & bumps out there...
I have my growth scan booked in for tomorrow at 2.15 and meeting with my consultant...
We are quite nervous as we don't want anything to spoil our homebirth. Although we are really excited about seeing our baby girl one more time before we actually meet her..
Last week we went for a midwife appointment & when she measured me she said I was measuring at 38 weeks even though I was 33 weeks. She was not my normal midwife (as she was on holiday).
So here we are....she spouted about having a big baby causes so many problems, forget the homebirth blah, blah, blah. I left the appointment feeling liker crap & hubby trying to console me...
So far not one of my other 3 children have been big.
Wish me luck.....sarah xxx

Replies

• Good luck, It will all be ok xxx
  • Good luck, best wishes that all goes well. xxx
  • good luck hope all goes well. xx
  • Thanks!! I'll keep you posted 2morrow...Wouldn't it be nice if I was 39 weeks now....babs would be here next week. Although I must say bump has really dropped down low & the contractions I've been having are so painful & frequent we've started timing them. They have been very different from braxton hicks....sarah xxx
  • I had the same my so called very large baby which is what they wrote on my notes was the smallest of all three of mine she weighed in at 7lb 10oz her older sister and younger brother were both 8lb 7oz all three of the born 10 days late...
    Hope all goes well, good luck and best wishes...
  • Good luck Sazzy, let me know how you get on as ive my sizing scan on Monday with the same problem of having a massive baby. . x
  • Hope your scan goes ok - my MW keeps saying I'm having a "substantial" baby.....stay chilled and enjoy seeing your little one image xx
  • good luck sazzy

Hope your babe not too big!

charlie x 16+1
  • hi sazzy, have you read my post ' i've had my growth scan'? i'm quite similar to you due my 4th baby in 2 wks, and by what they have estimated he could weigh anything around 9lb 10oz as he is measuring 8lb 10oz at the mo!!
    have you had big babies before? mine have all been big my last one was 9lb 7oz it's really strange cos i'm only a small person!!
    good luck with the scan and let us know the outcome. xxx
  • Good luck Sazzy, I hope everything goes well for you & you get your homebirth.

Hilary x
  • hiya love, hope all went ok today, sorry not been on here for ages, just either dont have time or i have been sat reading!!! let me know how it all went xxx
  • Hello Ladies, We all went for the growth scan on Thursday - Hubby, 3 children & me (Of course!!). Scan results all good..Baby girl within normal growth range. We had it confirmed again that she is definitly a girl because she has a "hamburger", as we were told by sonographer. Hubby nearly wet himself & the kids found this quite amusing too. I haven't heard the end of it for days!!! Ha-ha-ha...
    We saw the consultant afterwards. said I needed to have the GGT again, even though the last blood test got lost in transit! Well, I'm needle phobic so this didn' t go down so well and the bloody tears started. Anyway to cut a long story short - Hubby & I returned on the Friday. Got it all over & done with now. Hospital rang with results ( Friday afternoon) & my glucose level is a bit high. Appointment with dietician next Thursday to find a solution. We had a long chat on the phone & basically my diet is too healthy!!! Too much juicing & fruit...
    Can you believe it!!!
    Love & hugs to all...........sarah xxx