Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

cramp!!!!!!!!!

i'm in agony, i have woken up at least 6 times every night this week with really severe cramp in my legs, i've tried raising the end of the bed infact my husband keeps saying i look like a pregnant banana as i got my legs up to help cramp and my head up to stop heartburn so i feel like a complete t**t anyway. but just now i woke up with it so bad that i was crying what more can i do?

Replies

• Hi not had too much cramp in legs but do get dead arms from lying in same position (too fat to turn over). Maybe the legs up in bed is stopping blood flow in the same way but only a guess - sorry hope tonight is better and remember mums to be can sleep in the day if they want!!!
  • I read an article in a pregnancy mag the other day and it said to circle your left foot round and round 10 times then reverse and circle it the other way, then bend your foot up and down 10 times, then do the same on other foot. I tried it and it does work, do it about 1hr before bed. good luck. x
  • I've suffered from cramp really badly all my life - the worst is when it's in your feet and there's barely any muscle to massage. Since being pg it's become terrible - sometimes i'm in and out of bed 10 times in the night trying to ease it. My big tip to to keep your leg & feet warm - hot ideally - as this is the only way I've found to relax your muscles if standing up and flexing the muscles doesn't work. When it get's really bad I go and site on the edge of the bath and run about 6 inches of hot water (as hot as i can stand without scalding myself) and keep my feet in there til the muscles relax and the cramp wears off. I think the heat makes the blood circulate better through your muscles which eases the cramps. Total nightmare - especially when you're tired and don't want to get out of bed but this tip has never failed to cure a spasm! Keep your socks on in be too as this keeps the heat in - especially after you've done the hot water thing!
  • I have just started getting cramp it's usually in the middle of the night and it lasts for ages. I have never had cramp like it before, it's so painful i'm almost crying!!
  • i suffered with it with my first and its starting now with this one one tip i got was drinking tonic water i havent got any in a mo will have to get some it contains quinnine which helps cramps supposedly i love the stuff luckily not everyone can drink it my hubby thinks it should be banned! i think it helps abit could be worth a try tho! take care lisa x