Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OUCH!

Hi ladies
I am in soooo much pain! I have really bad shooting pains up my lady bits (sorry tmi) and in my lower bump. Is that normal? Is it just baby's head engaging? Baby is a bit quiet too, rolling around a bit but feels lower down and more painful than normal. I'm 31+4
xxx

Replies

• It could be engaging, and maybe thats why baby is being quiet, whens you next mw app?
  • I'm not really sure sammy! I could still be 35-36 as they didnt scan me at the hospital as they forgot to book me in for one so going for a growth scan a week on thursday (great even more waiting!) to find out. But the consultant did say if I was ahead by that much it should of been spotted at the 20 week scan so not really sure. I feel my breathing has got easier and I can eat but not really got much of an appetite but I have to go to the loo every half hour! The stabbing pains have eased off a bit now but they really hurt earlier. Baby is moving but movements feel lower and more painful. I have the midwife tomorrow so might mention it to her then.
    Saint bertie I really feel like I've been kicked there! It sounds so odd but my lady bits (sorry tmi again!) are just aching. Does that sound like baby engaging?
    xxx
  • carly, we're at the same stage, and even though my LO isn't engaged she is head down and it can be painfull, infact at times VERY painfull, the braxton hicks are really bad at the mo and I have been known to take paracetamol to ease the pain. Nothing is going on down there, I was in delivery last monday because of possible leaking water so I know it's nothing more. She's really pressing down on my cervix, and on the odd occasion can headbutt my bladder so hard there have been a couple of close encounters, thank god for pads!!

It can ache so much that I have little interest in sex as I already feel bruised down there! hope this reassures you that all is normal, but if in doubt, speak to your mw
  • I do feel bruised and like saint bertie said, it hurts to stand, sit, walk and move in general but I dont think my SPD helps. When I saw my midwife last she said baby was 4/5 engaged so could it just be engaging more?
    It really hurts. The stabbing pains in my bump are really sore and my braxton hicks are painful too.
    xxx
  • yep, I went to a wedding on saturday, coach home wasn't due till 12.30, by 11 I was almost in tears, I couldn't sit, stand or walk, tried laying down but nothing helped, except kneeling on the floor leaning over a stool, which didn't last long as my drunk family kept making comments about my bum sticking out! I have to rest alot after I've been out, the SPD genrally isn't that bad as I think I know how to avoid the pain, but being out too long makes it really bad.

• Yeah I know what you mean. I'm finding the SPD really difficult because Abby has alot of school visits and things at the moment and we seem to be out most days! I had to take 2 paracetamol before I could even get out of bed this morning.
    xxx