Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

worried about pains

hey,
im 17 weeks and keep getting painsat the base of my bump. sometimes they r sharp and sometimes they are dull but last a while. i now i can get pains sometimes from my body stretching to accomodate the baby but these seem too painful. does anyone have any ideas what they are?
fran x

Replies

• Hi Fran is this your first baby? also you might be having braxton hicks (although it is a little early) if not then give your antenatal clinic or labour ward a call they are open 24/7 and if nothing else they can monitor you and check that it isn't contractions to put your mind at ease. best of luck and let us know how you get on
  • yea, this is my first. tried ringing them a minute ago but no answer! lol. i will try again in a min. will let u no wen i find out whats going on.
    fran x
  • iv had really dull pains all day. i usually get period pains but these pains r different.
  • how many weeks are you tess? these feel abit like period pains but are different, thats part of the reason why im worried.
  • Have you called the doctor Tess? I get weird pains but they come and go with no regular pattern so I'm not too worried. Let us know how you both get on xx
  • im 19+4. im not that worried, my baby is always causin me some type of pain!!! a have had period pains since day 1. if they r the pains u r gettin my midwife said not 2 worry its normal. my fetal doppler is v reassurin so all in all im not that worried. if the pains get unbearable ill cal the doc or nhs direct. hope ur ok????
  • Good thats ok then. I always painc about things like that, but then i suffered from three miscarriages before this one so i think it's made me paranoid - not that i wasn't anyway teehee
  • i got hold of my midwife and they said i should go to A & E, but i cant get there coz im home alone, cant drive and have no money. so jus rang the out of hrs doc. they are passing my details on and r going to get someone to ring bak within the hr.
  • iv had 7 m/c's. how far r u
  • While your there fran get them to do a swab. Sounds daft but that's how i found out i've got GBS. I'm currently 27 weeks. We've been trying for the last two years but because i have Poly cystic ovaries it has been a nightmare then to have the miscarriages we almost gave up. My last one was in April last year on my honeymoon, i still find it difficult to look at the wedding pictures without a tinge of saddness knowing that i was pregnant at the time.
  • i hav pco aswel, thats y it hurts so much when i get a scan, they press down so hard its really uncomfortable 4 me. Fran r u really that worried the pains must b really bad. didnt realise they were that bad. sorry. let us no what happens, good luck***
  • Tell me about it and then when you tell them it hurts they look at you like your a complete hypochondriac. Keep us posted Fran, better to be safe than sorry. Have a warm bath and see if that eases it in the meantime but definately let us know how you get on xxx