C - SECTION

HAS ANYONE HAD A NORMAL DEL AFTER HAVING A C-SECTION AS I HAD A SECTION WITH MY LO WHO IS 8 MONTHS OLD AS HE WAS BREECH, AND I AM EXPECTING MY 2ND IN SEPT, THE MIDWIFE AND CONSULTANT HAVE SAID THERE IS NO REASON WHY I CANT HAVE A NORMAL DEL , JUST WILL HAVE TO MONITORED CARFULLY, I AM A BIT SCARED AS THEY SAID THERE IS A SLIGHT RICK OF SCAR TEARING, AND ALSO NERVOUS OF A NATURAL DEL.. I HAVE BEEN TOLD I CAN HAVE ANOTHER C-SECTION BUT I DONT WANT THAT AS I DONT WANT TO BE LAID UP FOR 2 WKS WITH A NEW BORN AND A 1 YEAR OLD

Posts

  • I havent myself hun but its completely possible-I think the risk of your scar tearing is very low otherwise they wouldnt suggest you even try a natural birth.
    Sorry I cant be anymore help hun but Im sure they'll be some ladies on here who have had VBAC

    xxxx

    http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/1;10051;28/st/20080729/dt/5/k/9e45/preg.png

  • Im in a similar position, i had an emergency section with my first (who is now 21months), and this lo is due july 2nd. Im hoping to have a VBAC but as baby seems to not want to start engaging im not sure this is gona happen. Iv got an appt with consultant on 9th June and a decision will be made then. But i know plenty of women do have normal deliveries after having a section. Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png

  • My sister had a c-section with her first as he was breech but had a normal vaginal delivery with her second. They monitor you a bit more closely just in case there are problems with your scar i.e. risk of tearing but my sister had no problems at all. There shouldn't be any reason why you can't have a normal delivery with this baby xxxx

    http://bd.lilypie.com/I0Yhp1/.png

  • Hi, i have just had my 3rd section 11days ago. I really wanted a natural but it wasnt to be. I was told at the last day that I could try labour but if it didnt progress that I would need another section so they kept my slot open for me with my elective section. they previous 2 had been because of problems (apparently) with the babies but they where both fine and nothing to do with my ability to deliver naturally. One consultant really frightened me by saying that going for a natural after a section could mean that i would be rushed to theatre for an emergency section and that if that would be the case i would probably need a hysterectomy at the same time, but the other consultant told me there was no reason that I shouldnt try a natural but that they wouldnt let it go on for too long as it would lead to a greater risk of a tear. I think every case is different but if i had a choice again i would def have gone natural with my second as a third ois more risky
Sign In or Register to comment.

Featured Discussions

Promoted Content