Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please Everyone keep your fingers crossed , updated, UPDATE.

I was due for consultant appointment next Wednesday at 36 weeks with a registrar to check on my progress and make sure things were still ok for my water homebirth.

Well I got a phone call from the mlu this morning saying that my appointment was this morning next weeks appointment had been cancelled and I was sent a letter. Typical did not receive no letter. So dashed in there with my notes of course, wee sample and in my shorts did not have time to change and as usual was keepted waiting had to wait till the end.

Anyway registrar was a pain could barely understand what he was saying, a nice mw that I have met at antenatal classes was there. He was fighting for the consultant led hospital and she the lmu or for me a home birth. All he keepted saying was its safter for first babies at hospital, I know all that etc. Well finally he agreed I could have him where I wanted, but now unfortuntely it appears my blood pressure has gone up so may not get my home birth after all. Very worried and upset now. Got to go back tomorrow at 13.00 to check bp again, please keep fingers crossed for me.

35+2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well back from mlu, saw the bloody mw that I did not like at 16 weeks who told me all the wrong info. She actually was not too bad this time, still got it all in a muddle.

I went last week at 34 weeks and was supposed to go next week at 36 weeks but that got brought forward to yesterday so go now is all over the bloody place. Well today's visit re bp.

I never understand this I am ok bp was a bit better, it normally is about 130/64 ish but because I had to go in at short notice yesterday it shot up to 130/95 apparently the top figure is me bottom is Luke aka Mojo. well today the bottom fifure was back to normal 65 ish and the top figure has now gone to 150, don't know what to make of that, got to go back on Monday for 36 week check anyway and then they have also booked in the home birth box to be delivered the week after at 37 weeks classed as full term.

I feel like I am all over the place all out of sink because of the bloody cock up yesterday. Still booked in for homebirth so still keeping fingers crossed. Plus birthing pool arrived from ebay this morning. Not looked at it yet. Still hopefull.

35+3

[Modified by: rebecca1975 on 30 July 2009 15:05:54 ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had bp check up again today and after the hassle of last week, bp is back to normal so should get my home water birth now, got birthing pool just got mw coming next monday for antenatal check and to bring out the home birthing pack etc.

36 weeks today.

[Modified by: rebecca1975 on 03 August 2009 19:03:37 ]

Replies

• No wonder your BP was up - how stressful! Mine is always up when dealing with Doctors, and miraculously goes down to normal when the midwife or nurse does it...

Have everything crossed for tomorrow xx
  • Fingers/eyes/toes crossed for you Rebecca

Lisa xx
  • Oh poor you....im sure your blood pressure would have been effected by all this messing around, so fingers crossed it will have setteled down by tomorrow. fingers crossed for you xx
  • I'm not surprised your BP was up either - fingers crossed its all okay tomorrow and I really hope you get the birth you want!!

Lisa
    36+5
  • hi

I agree sounds very much like white coat hypertension to me. im sure it will drop.

I didnt think that it was any safer having your first baby in hosptial, sounds like he was old fashioned and behind the times, there is loads of evidence that says that more relaxed surroundings (ie hb or mlu) result in less intervention)

good luck
  • Thanks ladies yes the registrar was a pillock!

Trying to chill out this morning, resting reading posts on here.

35+3

• Try not to stress over it hun. I spent the last week stressing about my BP being high and as soon as it started to drop I felt so relaxed. Do as little as possible for the day and try and avoid caffeine if you arent already (including chocolate as im sure that helped me!!) and hopefully it will be back to normal.

Lisa xxx
  • I hate that statement "hospitals are safe for 1st babies"......if you ask them why - they can never answer you! Every birth is different - your 1st could be totally safe and then your second could need medical intervention - how can they look into the future...if they can look into the future, ask them what the lottery results are for this sat!

xxxx
  • I drink decaf tea and coffee anyway so that should help, mrs littyboo that made me laugh.

Turning pc off now for a bit, leaving at 12.40 takes 10 mins appointment is at 13.00.

35+3

• Not suprised your BP was up! Stupid Doctor, and hospitals are not at all the saftest place to have babies for low risk women, he's talking rubbish. Have a chilled day. If you've got any relaxation or hypnobirthing cd's to listen to that could help and fingers crossed you BP will go down again. Keep fighting for your homebirth, being relaxed and happy at home in your own environment is not only better for you but better for the baby and your much less likely to get post natal depression which has also got to be a big bonus for the pair of you.

xxxx
  • Oh hon, what is it with Doctor men over-medicalising pregnancy and trying to freak people out? More women should have home births!!! I hope your appointment has gone well, fingers and toes are crossed for you x x x

Em 23+3 x x x