Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

cervical erosion??!!

anyone else had this? what did it mean to their pregnancy?? does it affect anything? pre term labour or birth, or nothing?? cheers xx:\?

Replies

• I don't think it affects pregnancy (not an expert though). I know that a colposcopy (where part of the cervix is lasered after an abnormal smear) means the cervix may not dilate as well so is classed as a risk factor (in my area)
  • Yes I had this before I was pregnant, probably still do. Most folk have it to some extent. It is just caused by things like vigorous sex. It can mean you bleed a little when you have sex because the skin there is more susceptible. Nothing serious tho. x
  • no swinging from the chandaliers then!!
  • sex? whats that? lucky if i get a cuddle at the minute lol
  • Hi mate, I had cervical erosion when I was pregnant, I bleed from 12 weeks to 20 weeks. It's when the cells from the inside of the cervix get pushed to the outside cause of the weight of the baby, and because the cell from the inside are more delicate they bleed more easily, it's also called a cervical ectropian. I wish mine had been caused by sex, no such luck! It was obviously scary when I started bleeding, but all was fine. I don't know if it will cause early labour, I was never told it would. I had a c section at 39 weeks. Take care.xx
  • thanks suzaie,i havent had any blleds, though i havent had sex neither since first trimester! i lost my "plug" and while they were inspecting me with a huge torch!!!!! they said i had cervical erosion, so i expect that if i had sex then maybe i would bleed! or maybe they were just fobbing me off! who knows! xx