Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Cravings

is anyone having any odd cravings ? i am just curious

I dont seem to have having any just yet as its only early days, but with my 1st Pregnancy i had to carry a bath sponge everywhere with me, i had to soak it in water & suck & chew on them, it was awful so embarrasing, i remember by husband buying me about a dozen sponges for my birthday all diff sizes, i even slept with them on my bedside drawers, everyone thought i was nuts :lol:!!

Replies

• With my little girl I craved tuna and sweetcorn sarnies from very early on.. hardly ever eat them any other time. And I ate a lot of Melon too. With my son I couldnt stomach melon, and didnt really crave anything.
    Im 9 weeks pregnant now and im loving melon again, and i cant get enough of philidelphia spread and tomato sarnies!! Im also filling out all over fast like I did with my daughter, so have gut feeling its gonna be a girl. we will see I guess lol
    caz xx
  • Cheese, cheese and more cheese. Cheese and tomato sandwiches, cheese on toast, pizza with extra cheese. Really having to watch how much I put away and I know too much isnt good, especially the fat content!!!!! xxx
  • I am craving smoked sausage like nothing else! This time its a boy, with my daughter it was slush puppies, ie liquid sugar image
  • i'm craving lamb and nectarines at the moment suppose it could be worse! although i hated lamb before i was pregnant and couldn't touch it!

didn't think i'd having cravings so soon as i'm only 16+5! just hope they stay healthy ish as i'm already feeling huge!!

• Hey Coxley - you're not alone! My friend's sister was the same about kitchen sponges! You know the ones with a green scourer on one side. She sniffed them all the time.

As for me, I'm into citrussy things and cheese. But I don't know whether it's a craving or just what I fancy at the moment. Gone off the smell of fresh coffee though x x x