Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Burning Pain

hi everyone, I’m 28 weeks & 4 days pregnant, I keep getting this burning pain on my right hand side a few inches below my ribs, if I laugh to much, cough or lean to that side, I think this is where the placenta (anterior placenta)  is as I always feel movement on the left hand side, I am seeing the Midwife tomorrow so will discuss with her, I’m concerned it could be placenta abruption although I havent had any bleeding & have still felt him move as normal, has anyone had this or had an abruption before?

Replies

• Options

Just came along your post and wondered how you got on? Was is a side effect of the pregnancy? Hope all ok. 

• Options

Victoria cakey my Midwife said she thinks it’s just normal pregnancy pain but she didn’t sound sure so told me to phone day unit if I get the pain again and to request a scan but not to worry as long as I feel him move as usual which I have done, but will definitely take her advice and call if I feel it again, will update when I have it again as I’ll be shocked if I don’t 😂