Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Seeking advice about baby monitors and groeggs?

Which are good baby monitors, what are important in one?

This is the only I was thinking of getting but based on nothing other than it was mid price range and has lights haha

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009E66CS/ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

also a friend of mine recommended a groegg? would you agree?

18+5 x

Replies

• is the groegg the light changing thing that tells temp of room? if so i wouldnt bother as the moniter you have chosen tells room temp anyway. I def think its a good idea to get a moniter that has the babys room temp on the parent unit.

have you thought about one with a sensor mat, i used to be really sceptically about these but i had one for ds3 (long story lol) and i really believe it saved his life when he stopped breathing.

xxDBxx
  • After reading lots of reviews we will be getting the Angelcare Movement & Sound Monitor (its ??68 on kiddiecare.com) - its got the sensor mat, a nightlight on the main unit and has room temperature info on the parent unit (plus its had great reviews). Its a minefield trying to pick one! x
  • We chose the BT 150 monitor as it had fantastic reviews and it has the temperature facility too.

I did want a groegg because I liked the way they look but have read lots of negative reviews (have a look on amazon) that the readings aren't very accurate!

Bec 37+6 x
  • My friend has the one you have linked to and we were going to get it too. When I asked her about it she said she loved it but the only issue she had was that the rechargable parent unit batteries werent that good. She didnt have a problem with this until she went on holiday and wanted to let Jess sleep while they were outside.

We decided on the Avent monitor - not sure which one - as it had lots of similar features to the Tomy one but was half price in Kiddicare and has other features too like lullabies and talk back!

Gemma 13 + 6
  • i had the gro egg and it was a waste of money- very inaccurate- always read low which is more dangerous.

i just had the tomy monitor for my son and i'll dig that out again.

Anna 24wks x
  • I have bought two. My o/h wanted to go for a vision monitor with a screen but I was advised against it as apparently you just stare at it all the time lol.

I bought the nanny breathing monitor as it has fantastic reviews and is used in hospitals accross europe;
    http://www.nannymonitor.co.uk/product1.htm

I also bought the BT150 monitor as that also has fantastic reviews, plays lullabys and say your baby is upstairs and you are downstairs and you hear your baby cry, you can talk to the baby through the monitor without having to go back upstairs, you can also press a button so it plays the lullaby from downstairs to see if baby drifts back off again.

Gxx
    25+5