Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

strange pains down there!IN HOSP OVERNIGHT.. UPDATE!!

ok im 35 weeks and feel like im gonna burst!

my bump feels so so tight and hard now, most of the time, but i keep getting parts (seems like elbows) sticking out very very low down. always below belly button height, but tonight i felt like something was coming out "the exit" seriously it was so scary and all i could do was sit there in total agony til whatever it was went back up. then as soon as i was able to stand after that i stood up and felt wetness coming out, went to toilet to discover quite a lot of discharge (sorry tmi).

this is my second and that def didnt happen first time round. the elbows (or whatever it is) keep sticking out just above pubic area and stay stuck out for what seems like ages before going back in, its so so sore and stops me in my tracks everytime..

i am worried i might not have a lot of fluid or something cause i can feel so much going on. does your fluid amount reduce near the end or do you always have the same amount?at scans (12 and 20wks) my fluid has been fine but just wondered if the amount changes?

at my last check midwife said the head was just about engaged (which is apparentyl strange for second babies who dont normally engage til your in labour), so maybe its just cause its head is stuck and arms are flapping about! (funny image in my head now!)

does anyone have any advice?

UPDATE***

HI EVERYONE.. WELL I PHONED THE HOSPITAL THE NEXT MORNING (SATURDAY) AND EXPALINED WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND WAS TOLD TO GO IN SO THEY COULD CHECK BABY WAS OK, WAS THOROUGHLY CHECKED AND WAS TOLD THAT THE BABY HAD ITS HEAD ALMOST ENGAGED BUT KIND OF TO THE SIDE SO ITS ARMS COULD EASILY PUNCH ME DOWN THERE!, REASSURINGLY SHE SQUEEZED HIS HEAD AND SHOWED ME HOW SMALL IT WAS!!

ANYWAY ALL WAS FINE, THEY SAID I HAD RIGHT AMOUNT OF FLUID BUT MIDWIFE DID COMMENT ON HOW SHE COULD FEEL PARTS OF THE BABY REALLY EASILY TOO (SO I WASNT IMAGINING IT) AND SO I GOT SENT HOME.

BUT THEN THE SAME NIGHT ME AND HUBBIE HAD JUST FINISHED SEX TO FIND "HE" WAS COVERED IN BLOOD AND ALL ON HIS STOMACH..SO OBVIOUSLY WE FREAKED OUT AND PHONED HOSPITAL. I HAD BLEEDING AT 25 WKS AND THEY DID A SCAN AND FOUND PLACENTA WASNT LOW LYING AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE. BUT THEY SAID I MUST GO STRAIGHT IN WHICH WE DID.

WE WERE AT HOSPITAL FOR HOURS WAITING ON DOCTOR TO COME BACK FROM AN EMERGENCY AT CASULATY, HE DID AN INTERNAL EXAM AND FOUND THAT I HAD A CERVICAL EROSION AND SO I HAD TO BE KEPT IN OVERNIGHT.

THANKFULLY THE BLEEDING STOPPED DURING THE NIGHT AND I WAS ABLE TO GO HOME THE NEXT DAY.

I AM SO RELIEVED, AND STARTING TO WORRY ABOUT THE BABY NOW. I KEEP WORRYING THAT SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN AT THE BIRTH AND FEEL LIKE I CANT ENJOY IT OR BE EXCITED ANYMORE..ANYONE ELSE BEEN THE SAME AFTER A SCARE??

ANYWAY HOPE ALL IS WELL, NOT BEEN PN AS SLEPT MOST OF YESTERDAY!! XX

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

[Modified by: lauragcam on 21 April 2008 21:18:26 ]

[Modified by: lauragcam on 21 April 2008 21:19:46 ]

Replies

• wonder if it was ur mucus plug that came out when u stood up?This is my 2nd too and i can feel alot more this time n like u said elbows n thongs sticking out r quite uncomfortable!I keep hgettin shock kinda pains down there dnt know if its her head banging on my cervix or something but that makes me jump!also cnt stop peeing!I'm also 35 weeks,do u know wot ur having?we r having another little girl,hanna xx
  • Im 33 weeks but having the same pains, really sharp dead low down, bubs is head down and its killing!!! Is this normal as its first baby so is baby supposed to be so low down so early?? any advice?
  • Nah, the average for a first baby to engage is 34-36 weeks, but it's not uncommon to have them engage before or after. A lot of babies come early without ever being engaged before labour anyway so it means nada!

Laura, I'm sure that sometimes 2nd babies can engage and then free themselves!! I asked my midwife if mine had done this but she said he hadn't and was actually fully engaged. She said its rare for a first baby to do this but common for a 2nd so I wouldnt worry image

Since my baby engaged (35 weeks) I have noticed lower, more painful movements...I think it's normal. I can't help with the water though as I think I have loads as bubs still feels like he's got some room yet! xxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/Akv50/.png

• Cheers girls always nice to have bit of reassurance

• Ohhh head down? I thought you meant engaged! If so then yes around 32 weeks is average to go head down! (Although my lo has been head down since 26 weeks)

http://bd.lilypie.com/Akv50/.png