Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

subcorionic haemorrahage

:\? hya guys am new to the site...i have a beautiiful two year old girl and am 7 weeks pregnant ..having had a miscarriage at 8 weeks last october am kinda stressing a bit with this one..especially after having a brown discharge then a few days later finding i was losing blood..no pain with it tho..went to hospital had a scan saw tiny grain of rice and heartbeat..which was great seeing as i was not expecting that..however was then told i had a subchorionic haemorrhage (threatened miscarriage/ blood clot behind placenta depending on which source of info i sought out! All extremely worrying so keeping everything crossed ! this was on thursday (14th) have had no bleeding since then but only a small bit of brown d/c have been resting as much as poss with a two year old to look after and a partner in full time work its not often easy.
am hoping that no bleeding is a good sign have first m/wife appt on 21st feb and another scan on 29th
basically am wondering if anyone has had this happen and/or have any advice etc
look forward to hearing back from some of you..even if it just puts my mind at rest a bit
thanks
Emma
x
:roll:

Replies

• Hi Emma! Welcome to the site! I've not experienced a subchorionic haemorrhage, but it sounds scary. I also have a 2 year old - a boy, and I miscarried last Feb at 9 wks. i was very scared when I got pregnant again, but I've managed to get all the way to 38+4 Wks. I've spent the whole of this pregnancy worrying about every little thing - it's been horrible. But I've kind of come to terms with my MC and have started to convince myself that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes I feel lucky that I had my MC earlier on in the pregnancy, because you read some really devastating stories on this site and I don't think I could have coped with a late MC. Some of the women are so brave! No more bleeding is definitely a good sign, so I would just try to relax ( easier said than done!) and try not to worry too much. I'm sure everything will be OK. My thoughts are with you, Love Rachel XXX
  • hugs hun... just wanted to wish you the best. try and keep well rested and relaxed x
  • I don't have that, but i am 7 weeks pregnant with my first and have had a brown bleeding/discharge since i found out i was pregnant. I went to the hospital last week and got an early scan and saw a wee heartbeat so all looks ok but they have no idea why im continuously bleeding (i also have slow rising hcg). I haven't had a MC and i am worried enough so i can imagine how worried you must be. I would say no bleeding is definately a good sign and im sure all is well.

Take care and rest as much as possible (not that i am - too busy as are we all). Hope everything works out xxx
  • Emma and Lily

Thinking of you both - I had a m/c last June, and had bleeding at the very early stages of this pg - between 5 & 8 weeks. Everything is fine now however and I'm 23+2!

Emma, know nothing about this condition I'm afraid, but it's got to be a good sign that lo's hb is still present even after the bleed.

Fingers and toes crossed for you both
    xx
  • hya guys..thanks for your messages and words of support will let you know how i get on
    Emma
    xx