Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Was this baby??

I am 18+6 and have felt babys movements for a few wks now, starting as flutters & getting stronger to what I beleive are actual kicks but obviously mild.

I also feel baby jumping on my bladder as I get this sudden ache as if I have been holding my pee for hours!!

Anyway last night bubs was being quite active & giving me a few kicks & then bouncing about on my bladder as he/she does, after going to the loo I got back into bed & started to have a feel from left to right low down underneath my belly button and on the left were I get the bladder ache it felt harder like a hard lump if you gently pushed in a bit I got OH to feel as well & we were wondering if this was baby we could feel??

Anyone who is a bit further along or at the same stage, when could you start to feel bubs like this or have you felt bubs like this or could it have been something completley different??

Thanks xxx

Replies

• ooh thats a good question and i'm not entirely sure of the answer but didn't wanna read and then bugger off without replying.

I have only very recently just started to feel 'hard' areas which I am guessing are feet/elbows (and i'm 29weeks). I felt baby from 16wks and kicks from 18wks but I never really had a good feel around on my belly until recently so perhaps if I had of done - i'd have felt what you have.

hope someone can help you image x
  • Thanks for replying MrsPP, I like your 1st paragraph LOL!

xxxx
  • I was going to write read and run but actually hate that phrase from seeing it alllllllllllllllllllll the time on yayw hahah!
    xxx
  • hello

gatecrashing just to say we could feel bubs from about 23 weeks x
  • Ha ha MrsP I hate seeing posts with loads of views & no replys!!

Thanks for G/C PP I wonder what this was, maybe a protuding organ of some sort LOL!! xxx
  • Yup that could well be baby. At about eighteen weeks when I woke up in the morning if I had been sleeping on my side I would have a hard bump on the side I had been lying on, which after about ten minutes wouldn't be there any more.

Sometimes I get hard bump bits fairly low down, and sometimes they move from side to side! Bit weird but strangely reassuring too. XXSara
  • Maybe it was then, as we couldnt feel it on the other side, I did have to push in a bit to feel it so it's not like baby was just there protuding out for us to see LOL!

How exciting!! xxx
  • Hi hun,
    I would guess and say it defo is the baby I am 23 weeks and feel hard bits all time, our baby tends to favour being in my pelvic region which means my bladder is constantly getting used!!!! Lol x x Usually if you feel the hard lump areas kicks will follow or they tend to do so for me x xx x x

Dugs 23 + 1
  • Yayy thanks hun, I had felt some kicks or prods just before that so it probably was then.

Wow it's so exciting, cant wait now for oh to feel kicks & prods xxx
  • It depends on how much chub you have. If you're quite slim then usually you can detect Baby through palpation a lot earlier than if you were a curvy juicy lady!

It is very exciting!! x

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev060pf___.png

• Hey Lau! G/c just to say I can't believe how far along you are already! That bubba is certainly making their presence known and will be here in no time - woohoo! XXXX
  • I was wondering the same, I had a hard bit in my tummy the other night then gone last night and i was wondering the same thing. Very exciting!!!
  • Thanks ladies

K thanks I cant beleive it either, it does seem to fly by after 12wks doesnt it!!! 19wks today!!!

FT & Socks, I am fairly slim but with a bigger bot & hips LOL so belly wise didnt have alot of extra weight there before so most likely was bubs then!!

xxx
  • It sounds like it was bubba hun, how very exciting for you. Cant believe how quick your pregnancy has gone already.
    Good luck to you hun xx