Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

itchy skin especially feet!

2»

Replies

• Options
    hi kelly

got my results today and they are all fine liver is fine so my itching is not pregnancy related

tracey x
  • Options
    hi

well, what an evenful couple of days i've had!!

i had a liver scan yesterday morning which came back fine, except the results said "could not scan pencreas due to being obstructed by bowel gas"!! i was mortified!!

i then had another appointment at 4pm to get my blood results from monday, there was a significant increase in the results since last time and i had a high level of protein in my urine so they started to suspect pre eclampsia, this meant that i got admitted to the maternity ward last night for monitoring. had to come home, get my bag which was already packed, send my son to his nanny and grandad and go straight back.

had my blood done again, results were higher still than the previous tests, had urine checked, still had protein in, had baby monitored and he was fine, i was getting some braxton hicks too, and then i had blood pressure done which was fine. the only plus was that i was scanned this mornign and we got to see baby again, he was yawning bless him!

my night on the ward was awful, i didn't get any sleep due to the noisy ward and the itching. i feel like a zombie today. they wanted to keep me in again tonight but i managed to talk them into letting me out and promised to go to see them again on monday and thursday next week, it helped my case that the protein has gone from urine again, they are now back to the original diagnosis of OC.

i have to have my blood taken again on monday to see if it's still giving an abnormal result and have baby checked. then i go back on thursday for the results and to possibly talk about being induced not long after if the results are not in my favour.

so that's about all that's happened since i last posted!! my MIL is having casper again for us tonight so i can get some much needed rest, can't wait to get in my owen bed and sleep, just going to go up and have a bath and jump straight into bed!

tracey, glad every was fine for you. take care in the rest of your pregnancy.

kelly x
    36+5
  • Options
    HI/
    you not been on for a while. Hope all OK????
    Hope you have birth story to tell????????
    d xx
  • Options
    hi d

been on a couple of times but just lurking in the shadows! no news to post at the moment. thanks for checking on me though.

had repeat blood tests yesterday, had baby monitored, urine sample and bp checked. haven't got blood results yet but all other things were normal. going back to my consultant on thursday for blood results, from what i understood when they discharged me from hospital last week they will discuss inducing baby if the results are still at a high or higher level. got lots of medication to take, it's a nightmare trying to remember as some are more than once a day.

if all ok on thursday i think they will just leave me to go in labour myself, i know i will be so impatient if that happens as i've told myself it will be over soon and i will get to meet him. casper was born at 38 + 3 days so hopefully this one might make his appearance around that time too, although that would be next wednesday, halloween, and i don't want a halloween baby!!

been busy trying to prepare for if baby does come early, either with a helping hand or on his own. washed all bedding and clothes from last time, stripped moses basket and carrycot down and washed covers. think i'm done now!! just got to make sure house is tidy, it went to ruin over the weekend with my stay in hospital. don't want to leave the house in a mess and not be able to catch up with it when baby is here, would be mortified for visitors to see it in a mess, not the end of the world i know, but that's just me, blame my virgo star-sign!!

hope everything is ok with you?

kelly x
    37+2
  • Options
    HI
    I fine thanks. I a cancer and a real homemaker so I am with you on the tidy front. i hate mess it gets me down.

Well, fingers crossed that one way or other you will have baby 2 soon!!!!

I 19 weeks and really showing now. I feel loads of kicks and movements. Feeling tired and still a little sickly.

My youngest is full of cold and my 3 yr old has been off school with headache and hi temp. Worried about meng at first but then loads of kids from school have same thing. A bit fluey and hot. He seems lot better today.

He wants to go tomorrow as it is national day at his school. Since we are expats in foreign country they want kids to dress up in their national costume. Do we have one???????? A hoodie, a twoc'er or what??? Anyway after a lot of thought he going as St George. he looks dead cute.

Other than that just plodding on and starting to think of xmas (how organised is that!!!!!!!)
    d x
  • Options
    hi

glad to hear you're ok, other than the sickness of course. i still get days like that. my worst thing at the moment is heartburn, i have it constantly, all day everyday, i've taken so much gaviscon it's stopped working now!!

had a good day today, me and casper went out for lunch to a nice child friendly pub restaurant, he was an absolute angel, ate all his lunch and dessert and behaved beautifully, although he usually does anyway unless he's tired and then he gets mischevious. after that i brought him home for a nap and after that we played football in the garden to tire him out again, didn't work though as he's only been asleep since 8pm and he usually goes to sleep at 7pm, think i let him sleep too late, oh well, he's asleep now!

i did my food shopping online whilst he was asleep, getting it dlivered tomorrow, got my washing basket emptied, all washed and dried. i even had time to do some online xmas shopping. had a very productive day, feeling very pleased with myself but i'm knackered now, think i will have a bath and go to bed in a bit!!

take care

kelly x
    37+3
  • Options
    hi

just another update on my obstetric cholestasis.

i'm now 38+1 and i've still got abnormal blood results for my liver function tests and now the level of my bile acids has increased which is bad as this is what can cross the placenta. got those results on saturday and because of that they gave me a membrane sweep there and then to try to get things started.

nothing much happening just yet though, got a bit of lower backache, feel really heavy and constantly need the toilet so i think he's moved down a bit more, also had a few shows since saturday. got my fingers crossed things will start on their own today, if not i'm back for review tomorrow and if they're still not happy with my blood test results i had done on saturday i will be induced from there, if they're happy with the results i go back for a review on thursday and then they will induce me, either way i'm telling myself i will have my baby here by this weekend, only way i can get through this week as i'm fed up now and the itching is driving me nuts!!

hope you're all well, take care.

kelly
    38+1
  • Options
    Good Luck Kelly. I was in hospital last Thursday/Friday with suspected oc or pre eclampsia - had my liver scan on Friday which showed no stones, but see my consultant today & see what the plan is. I assumed I had pre eclampsia as I've had it twice before, but strangely by bp has been fine - just protein and abnormal bloods/liver function. Still the main thing is that the docs are taking it seriously and the care that I am receiving is fantastic. C.xxx
    34+6
  • Options
    kelly, good luck will be thinking of you. Exciting to know its immenent!!!!!!!!! I only 19 weeks so am envious of you.
    Cally.......why do they check for stones??? I have this hard feeling just below my breast bone and am getting worried its to do with liver! I should really get it checked out shouldn't I ???
    d x
  • Options
    Hi dee dee I have no idea why they check for stones - I think it is to rule out an underlying liver problem, rather than just another lovely pregnancy related problem!! But you should go and have it checked out...make that appt now!

C.x
  • Options
    hi dee dee and cally

they do the liver scan and check for gall stones and the other forms of hepatitis you don't get tested for in pregnancy to make sure everything to do with your liver was working properly in the first place before pregnancy, it could sometimes rule out OC as your liver not working right for other reasons would still cause itching and some of the same symptoms as OC. my sister's ex MIL has liver troubles and she was telling me that she also has really bad itching on her feet and hands just like with OC.

hope everything goes well for you cally.

i'm with my consultant tomorrow, hopefully they will decide to start me off straight away or at least on wednesday, still nothing much happening, got aches and niggles but nothing really painful, just dull and bearable so don't think it's going to happen tonight.

will be back on tomorrow after hospital to update, hopefully with good news about being induced!!

take care

kelly
    38+1
  • Options
    Hi

Think I spoke too soon on Monday night when I said I don't think anything's going to happen tonight as it's dull and bearable.

Had Alexander Thomas on Tuesday lunchtime at 12.31pm. Just posted my labour and birth story!!

Take Care

Kelly
    0 weeks pregnant anymore
    2 day old baby instead!!
  • Options
    Congratulations, I love hearing when people have had their babies, hope the birth was fine, enjoy your new addition. k x
  • Options
    congrats......will read on other post!!!!
    Lovely name!
    d xxx
  • Options

Hi. I'nearly 24 weeks pregnant and have constant itchy feet which driving me crazy I tried creams and stopped wearing all types of socks and still have it.It can get really bad that I can't sleep cause of it.I need help and advice

• Options

Hello ladieS

it has been 3 Nights that I have itchy feet and I can't sleep. But is on the back oh my feet I don't know why. I tried a cram but nothing has helped. so I was looking online to see if I could find anythin. Reading all this made me worrie. I am going to call my doctor in the mor and ask. i am about to deliver in a week and a hal. I am excite , can't wait.  

• Options

Just joined the forum!! 

most of you have amazing answers!

yes blood test is important to check liver function and general blood levels!!

well done mums!