Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Flying once you have baby!

Hello!!

Ok, bit of a random question and not sure if I should be asking on here!

Basically my friends are organising a holiday to Florida in May next year which we have been invited to. I am due 4th Feb, so baby should be 3 months min by then. Has anyone flown so soon after having a baby??

Naively I am thinking it should be ok, as lo is likely to sleep etc..... but am I being too naive?? :lol:

Tizwaz 8 +5

Replies

• Options
    We are planning to take our baby back with us to the UK at between 6/8 weeks so i think you should be fine. I asked our midwife at our antenatal class and she said you can take the baby back whenever you want, the only thing to consider is their little immune systems so best to leave it for at least a month.

You know what planes are like for catching stuff. Also, thing to consider are things like babys passport, not sure if you need one in the UK but we live in Dubai and have to get one before the baby can travel - am told this takes at least a month.

xx
  • Options
    Haha! I am afraid I can't really help you, but Hubby and I are planning a similar thing - going to South Africa in April. Baby will be about 4 months old. I admit I am dreading the flight, but when I was working as Cabin Crew, I saw many couples travelling with young babies and know that it is doable x x
  • Options
    Ask ur midwife hun she should know or will point u in the right direction so u can get the right info image x
  • Options
    Thanks very much - nice to know I am not the only person considering this!

A baby passport does sound quite funny .... I wonder if I do need one!!

• Options
    Hey
    sorry to G/C but anyone wishing to travel out of the uk needs their own passort, babies and under 16's included. my LO has had her passport since she was 4months old som so we could travel abroad, they are quite expensive but do last for about 10years and come through pretty quick. They also have to have a passport photo taken and you are better to take them to a photo shop where they lie/sit them in them correct way! Sorry about the essay!
    Jamiee xxxx
  • Options
    Hi, I'm currently 8 days overdue and have a holiday booked in 9 weeks!! I know that baby does need a passport which you need to have the birth certificate to be able to get. I'm really hoping she comes soon as getting very nervous about getting passport back in time to travel. I spoke to the midwife about travelling with such a young baby and she said it would be fine as long as she's at least 4 weeks old. She said it would be good if she'd had her 8 week jabs before she went but they weren't a necessity (just as well because this is looking more doubtful by the day). Hope this helps x