Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Question about tomorrow's scan

Hey ladies. Sorry this may be a stupid question but I wanted to check anyway. I have a scan tomorrow, will be 15+4, and was wondering if they will expect me to have a full bladder?
I had a scan at 10 weeks and I had to have a full bladder then but I haven't had a 2nd scan yet.

Thanks

Replies

• I think they would hun, I had to have one for my 12 week scan and the letter for my 20 week scan asks that I go with a full bladder. It helps them see the baby xxx
  • The uterus doesn't rise completely above the pubic bone until about 16 weeks so I think you would need to drink something but don't need to be uncomfortably full. I stopped having a full bladder for my scans from 18 weeks and have never had a problem.
  • I had a scan at 15 weeks, and was told to have a full bladder. Good luck for tomorrow, let us know how you get on!
  • I'm in Ireland so scans work differently. The first scan is meant to be about 15/16 weeks and the 2nd is 24 weeks I think.
    Thanks for the replies, I think I will try to have a full bladder but not uncomfortable-full.
  • I had to have a full bladder for 12 week scan and they said I have to have a full bladder for my 20 week scan tomorrow. hope everything goes ok with your scan, it is amazing seeing your baby for the first time x x