Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bleeding in early pregnancy

Hi,

I am five weeks preganant. I went to the toilet this afternoon and I was shocked to see blood when I wiped. It was not a lot but I was extremely worried. I went to see my Gp and he rang the hospital.The hospital can't do a scan until 6 weeks. I have not had any more bleeding.

Has anyone else had this and everything has been ok? Is it to late for an implantation bleed? I don't think it is an hormonal bleed around the time my period should have been due as my period would have been due last Thursday.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• maybe TMI but did you by any chance have sex in the last 48hours?that can sometimes cause it.i bled between 7 and 8 weeks and it was scary.its reallt common so try not to worry too much, also was it red or dark brown?darker blood is old blood and normally isnt a problem...

sophie
    archie 3
    and 16 weeks today xx
  • Congrats on your bfp. This is quite common, i certainly had a red bleed around 9 weeks with my son and he was absolutely fine and i know there are lots of women that this is the case for.

Hopefully its nothing and there is no point in worrying too much until you can get scanned. Stressing yourself out wont change the outcome.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

Gemm x
    31+2
  • Hi there

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I bled on and off for the whole of the first trimester, starting at around 4 weeks. After 3 previous mc's I was petrified it was another mc but I am now 33 weeks and 5 days pregnant!

I really hope all will be ok at your scan in a week.

Love NN 33+5 xxx

http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/tickers/2jd2p9xz55ugm69d.png

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/NattyNik/Round%204%20Pregnancy%20Photos/KangaandRoo62.jpg

Click Here To Read My Pregnancy Blog
  • Thanks ladies,

I am trying not to worry and there has still not been any more bleeding. It was red blood.

The Doctor did not book me a scan. He says if there is any more bleeding or I get stomach pains then to go back and if I am over 6 weeks he will send me for a scan.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no more bleeding.

Thanks for your advice.

• Glad to hear it stopped, I also had some spotting at around 6 weeks and then again at 7-8 weeks - but not enough for a scan - my GP was the same and said unless heavy and accompanied by bad pains then it's pretty normal xx
  • Hi there.

I too bled for most of the first trimester with this baby. I was scanned at 7 weeks and they could not find a reason for the bleeding. It continued until about 11 weeks. Baby is fine tho. Still very scary.

I also bled with my daughter at 8 weeks and she is now a happy healthy toddler.
    Try not to worry too much. As long as there are no clots or stomach cramps i'm sure all will be fine.

Serena
    17+3
  • my second pregnancy i had a fresh bleed at 7wks,my mw sent me to get a scan and everything was ok,the doctor said it could have been implantion,i had another fresh bleed at 13wks and passed clots and again everything was ok,i went on to deliver a healthy boy and girl,like the other ppl have said try and not worry and its very common to bleed in your pregnancy

sarah