Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

opinions on nursery theme

After loads of searching, hubby and I have finally found a nursery theme we both can agree on for our yellow bump. Its the ziggy and friends range by next. Do you think its unisex? Hubby was thinking it looks more boyish. But I think it could be for either. I was thinking of doing the walls half the light green and half the light blue with the border meeting them in the middle. Opinions please? http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/homeware/nursery/12

Replies

• Definitely think it would work for either! You just add boy or girl things to it later.

I really like it, but I have my heart set on jungle theme for my yellow bump image
  • I think it works well for both !
  • thanks, I've just gone and ordered loads, hubbys going to kill me lol. I ordered the border,bed in bag, lamp,mobile,canvases, curtains and changing mat. Next are doing an offer, if you buy bed in bag, mobile,wall art, lampshade and curtains you save ??????40. I was going to get the curtains,lampshade and bedding anyway so I basically got the mobile and wallart free! They are doing this with all their nursery ranges.

MrsClareabella I love the jungle themed things too, but hubby and I couldn't agree on what one to get. He prefered the my jungle family one from mothercare and I prefered the jungle one from babies r us. We can't agree on anything lol. Don't even get me started on the name argument!

Thanks for opinions image
  • ha ha, we have 'discussions' on the name for a boy still, but he doesn't get a say in the bedding image tbh he's really not bothered how I decorate the nursery as long as it doesn't cost a fortune.

He knows he'd be on a loser anyway as I'm potty on elephants so it's animals all the way image
  • hubby doesn't normally bother about having an opinion on decor etc, I think he is excited about the baby so I was surprised to find he had an opinion on everything baby. He even helped pick the pram!!! He's usually so laid back.

The name thing is hot topic in our house, we differ so much. I love Annabelle and Gracie for a girl and he hates them. Boys we aren't so bad on, we can agree on Max,Jack, Logan and Zack, but he hated Ethan and Oliver my faves. Endless, at this rate we will have registered the baby with no name! We are no where near finding a girls name we both love.

What jungle themed things have you gone for MrsClareabella? I love looking at anything baby!
  • Haven't decided yet, I lover the toys r us one and mothercare's but hadn't really made a decision, but will prob go for the toys r us one.

Hubby insisted he choose the 'wheels' as he put it :lol:

we have Annabelle or Imogen for a girls name but can not agree on boys at all.
  • I really love this range and will be using it myself whether boy or girl (we are finding out as soon as i can!), i think is really nice and fresh and i'm not really into pink/blue/beige so i think its really nice.

Emma.xx
  • I love Ziggy and friends and will be getting it for our yellow bump. I think it's unisex, but still lots of bright colours which I love.

Think it will be the first purchase next month, not that we have a cot yet!

• oh i love it! i havent seen it before (dont know how ive missed it) we were gonna get the winnie the pooh range from mothercare but ive totally changed my mind now hahaha, another change for dh to deal with xxx
  • Gorgeous, funky and unisex! I love nurserys in a mix of bright colours, not boring old blue and pink, so gets my vote!
  • i really like it. its really lovely!!
    i would prob do it green and a beigey colour!
    its def unisex though! he prob thinks its boyish because of the blue! if i showed my hubs that he'd point that out!! lol!!
    xxx
  • This is what I've done our nursery in, our walks are cream so added the border, curtains, changing Matt and still need to get bedding etc.. It's lovely and very unisex. Love the colours too.. I hate just a beige bedroom for unisex. Very boring..babies need colour for stimulus. Good choice x
  • thanks for the opinions ladies, I think I am going to do 2 opposite walls in the latte colour and the other 2 in the cream colour, picked up from the fabrics. Everything arrived yesterday and I am really chuffed with it, the curtains are really thick and good quality, the only thing I'm dissapointed in is the mobile.

Kaiti changing your mind 3 million times a day is what pregnancy is all about lol. Just ask my hubby!

MrsClareabella I love, love,love Annnabelle, but I'm not allowed it, so that gets my vote for your girls name image

• Glad you like your choices MFS. I bought some of the toys r us jungle chums bits at the weekend.

Hubby actually chose annabelle, but my fave is imogen, we're going to choose when baby's here between the two if it's a girl. still no wiser for a boy though.
  • we are the opposite, sorted for a boy and have nothing for a girl.

The jungle chums stuff is lovely and bright, its exciting organising the nursery. Even dd is getting in on the action, she is helping me clear out the spare room so we can start decorating, so cute!
  • My kids are the same hun. I thought they might feel left out but theyare really excited about helping get things sorted.

hubby on the other hand had a moan last night as in the process of sorting out I'd made a big pile of HIS junk for HIM to go through. cheeky mr thought I was going to do it for him! :lol: