Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Mamas & papas update.....new buggy!!

Morning all...our trip to m&p last night was fab, our(male) assistant was so helpful. We played with the skate, rubix and Luna,they all fitted in the boot of our Golf and which all suited our needs, we had just about decided on the sola plus carrycot when he told us about the Zoom, which is brand new. It's basically a 'cross breed' of sola and Luna, with 3 wheels(which didn't think I'd like but I loved!!), it is 2 way facing, can be used from birth and can bf folded with or with seat unit!! The price includes separate carrycot( which can be used for overnight sleeping with Moses stand) so we were already almost sold then we found out there is ??????100 off so ??????250 for the lot!!! The downside is it is only available in black( which is fine for us!) and as it brand new there are no reviews or feedback as yet...hubby loved it too!!!

Replies

• Forget to say haven't actually bought it yet, as we have our John Lewis nursery appointment tomorrow to check out bugaboo n quinny, but they are going to have to be pretty amazing to beat the Zoom, also zoom us compatible with maxi cosi too....
  • Oooh verrry interesting!!! I have already put a deposit on the Sola in Truffle but I really like the Zoom now! I will pop down to Mamas and Papas tomorrow and have a look! We are quite lucky that the shop is only a 2 min drive away image

Thanks very much for posting this!
  • I have just looked at the zoom, I had my heart set on the Pliko Premette but now I think I NEED this one.
  • I have been into Mamas and Papas today and swapped! The chassis is very similar to the Luna.The seat and carry cot are the same as the Sola. I wasnt too sure of the all black but you can buy inserts for ??????15 to brighten it up a bit - which is great! After paying the deposit, our outstanding balance went from ??????253 to ??????164 - my OH was VERY pleased :lol: It is a bargain because of the ??????100 off at the moment. I'm getting the Maxi Cosi car seat though as wasnt 100% about the M&P ones. But they are doing a deal if you buy the Primo Viaggio ES at the same time it is ??????99 rather than ??????135 image
  • I bought mine yesterday and it is in my loft waiting for babys arrival. Need to go collect my car seat in 2 weeks as it was out of stock. I love it so easy to push compared to my daughters prams.
  • Bebe2 - Its such a great deal isnt it!! The liners are a general fit but you can also buy the footmuffs for the sola and use those - as the seat unit is the same. The footmuffs unzip to just leave the liner bit. Hope that helps! image
  • oooh does the zoom fit nicely into a yaris boot? I am rather intruiged by this now as I was about to spend a fortune on a silver cross surf....
  • Katet have you read reviews on the silvercross 1? I had my heart set on a silvercross before I even got my bfp but it was hard to find a good review they seem to break alot, either wheels falling off or fabric tearing so I changed my mind as the good reviews for any silvercross were few & far between.

The zoom folds up tiny but if you can get to a mamas & papas they will let you test it in your car
  • Hi all - am so pleased my post helped.....I am so sad I keep looking at pictures of our new purchase, as does hubby too!!! This is our first so everything is all brand new to us, never thought buying a pram could be so exciting!!
  • HI Susiee - Yay to the zoom!! MIL bought it for us too which is fab.....we really want to get the pebble, but the easyfix base doesn't take the pebble(as our car is old so no isofix, which the pebble does fit onto) - so we will get the cabriofix instead- although we will wait a while to get that just in case they make one thats fits in the next 4 months( Ican hope!)
    The carrycot can go onto any M&P carrycot stand, which I think are around ??????30 - but not sure about others...hope that helps!!
  • Hi,
    Be interested if anyone has any more updates on using the Zoom 3 in 1.

It is one we are interested in getting by very little info available elsewhere.

How do you find it as a 3 wheeler?

Thanks.
  • HI Susiee - Yay to the zoom!! MIL bought it for us too which is fab.....we really want to get the pebble, but the easyfix base doesn't take the pebble(as our car is old so no isofix, which the pebble does fit onto) - so we will get the cabriofix instead- although we will wait a while to get that just in case they make one thats fits in the next 4 months( Ican hope!)
    The carrycot can go onto any M&P carrycot stand, which I think are around ??????30 - but not sure about others...hope that helps!!

if you mean the M&P surefix stand, to buy from M&P its about ??????60. i only know cos i looking for a 2nd one to go with what ive brought (M&P ultima)
  • oooh does the zoom fit nicely into a yaris boot? I am rather intruiged by this now as I was about to spend a fortune on a silver cross surf....

If it is based closely on the Luna, then it should as I have a Luna in my Yaris at this very moment with space to spare! It can go in lying down (without parcel shelf) or can stand up on it's end if you need to get shopping etc in as well - but rear vision is slightly impaired.

I adore my Luna but always wished it was parent facing as well as forward - the Zoom looks like it's answered my plea!
  • Anybody had any luck buying one of the zoom 3 in 1 systems recently?

M&P seem to be struggling with deliveries. We've been told 6 weeks by one person there.
  • sce7dmas

It is in stock on M&P website, it says 4 working days for delivery and you can have it sent to your house or a store to collect.
  • Lovely pram!!

Does anyone know if you can use the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with this pram (we already have the car seat!)

Thanks for sharing this MrsCole xx
  • I have just been looking at the stand for the carrycot that comes with this, is the surefix stand that is compatible with the carrycot for this one as the website doesnt say what you can use that stand with
  • HI There - you can use the cabriofix(we double checked in store on Saturday)!! you need the adapters for the aton car seat.....
    also went into M&P this week & was told the Zoom was a 'promotional' pram - so whatever they have left in stock is all they have - it is no longer on show in store - but is still available!
  • also in store they say any of there actual moses basket stands will fit the carrycot(they are much cheaper than the surefix) - I tried at Baby Direct in basildon on Sunday & the 'natural' stand didnt but the white on was perfect!
  • ha - susiee - we are def the zoom ladies!!! we are doing the same with the pebble - the supervisor in store yesterday says it does fit the pebble to, but we'll just wait & see - let me know if you work it our first!