Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

braxton hicks?

Should they be painful? im having cramp type things and its so painful, ive taken paracetamol but that doesnt seem to ease it. i dont remember them being like this first time around.

Hannah 27+3 xx

Replies

• Hey no from what I've heard they're not supposed to be. I get them a lot but they've never been painful, maybe sometimes uncomfortable but they don't really last long enough to be painful.
    I'd give your mw a call to see what she thinks.
    xxx
  • When I was pregnant last time I got them and they weren't sore my belly just used to go rock hard for a min or so.

I would call the MW or head to the hospital to be on the safe side

xx
  • I was told if they continued constantly to call my MW as this is not normal! When I get them they go after 10-15 minutes and are uncomfortable rather than painful!

• Thanks for the advice girls, they have calmed down a bit now but if they do continue then ill phone my mw straight away, best to be on the safe side i guess! thanks again image xxx
  • I have been getting them too, and it can be quite painfull. The advice I have been given is that they shouldn't last longer than 30 seconds, and shouldn't be regular (like every x minutes).

Talk to your MW if you are worried though.