Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Craving a beer!

Replies

• im sure a lil drink wont hurt hun, im treating my self tonight to a glass of rose and a huge bag of popcorn,lol
    i have had the odd glass of wine throughout this pregnancy.
    i think it becomes more of an issue if ur getting rat arsed every weekend (oh those were the days,lol she says feeling ever so old and round all f a sudden image ). xx
  • im sure a lil drink wont hurt hun, im treating my self tonight to a glass of rose and a huge bag of popcorn,lol
    i have had the odd glass of wine throughout this pregnancy.
    i think it becomes more of an issue if ur getting rat arsed every weekend (oh those were the days,lol she says feeling ever so old and round all f a sudden image ). xx
  • Haha, that's what it's like when you're pregnant though isn't it, if someone mentions something you like the sound of, you have to have it lol. I've only had half a little bottle of wkd and my legs feel funny lol, don't want the rest now!xxx
  • I used to feel a bit guilty in having the odd drink but my mum reminded me that water hasn't been clean in Britain all that long and in the middle ages everyone used to drink wine or ale as the water wasn't safe. Probably very low alcohol percentages but still, it's something to remember!

I know how u feel Faith lol I had 2 teeny-weeny half glasses of red last night and it went straight to my head!!! I had been saying for ages I fancied a drink but hadn't had one as I have just got a car and oh is making the most of me being the driver at weekends. I keep forgetting and saying I'll have a drink and he's like aren't you driving? I'm like Oh yeah - crap lol! xxxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IzQX0/.png

• I only drink at home cos i'm paranoid that people will say sumthin if i drink in public, in trolley at the supermarket not so bad cos oh is usually with me tho.
    xxx
  • ive been craving an ice cold glass of cider for weeks now but havent gone the shop and got a can because everytime i crave it im in my nighty nice and comfy on the sofa and oh is mean and wont go and get me any lol
    mmmm......want some now
    shaz
    xxx
  • yeah I know what you mean, I haven't been to a pub for ages but when I did I made sure to wear an outfit that didn't show my bump as even when just having one people don't know that and give you funny looks! None of their business though!xxx
  • Im also craving beer but it has to be fosters with a lemon top. Ive had about 4 drinks thoughout my pg, none in the first 12wks,but only on special occasions like xmas,feb14th and when my oh decides to take me out.(as you can tell he's only taken me out twice)
    I do get the feeling that people stare at me when shopping but this week I'll be trying the A/F cobra.my oh could do with cutting down I think he is drinking my share of alcohol whille im pg.

http://bd.lilypie.com/JX3N0/.png

• Oh I miss miss miss juicy red wine, delicious bacardi breezers, a nice cold beer. However, I can't even stomach the smell of it never mind the taste of it. I do worry that I may never like it again but am sure once I have my body back, my tastebuds will return!!
    And don't think a couple of drinks will be doing any of you any harm at all.
    xx
  • awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    my lovely oh has just got a bottle of magners from the shop for me but il only be having a glass or 2 just to satisfy my craving. ive just called him mean in my last post aswell so il take it back :P
    xx
  • Well I had my beer last night, albeit alcohol-free cobra and it was delicious!! Thanks for the recommendation! I think it must be the sunshine. It was gorgeous yesterday and it's supposed to warm up by the end of the week so I could be reaching into the fridge again!! And I'm on leave next week so bring on the summer sun!! xxxx
  • I've been having a glass or 2 of red wine each week. But some weeks none at all. I think it is excessive drinking that can cause the majority of problems. Find it hard to believe that Spanish, Italian and French women give up the odd glass of red wine (they are not told to avoid unpasteurised cheese either by the way) S x
  • I have a sip from my boyfriends beer, and sometimes a glass of wine ... I dont think that having a tiny bit can do you any harm.

As far as units goes

One medium sized glass of red wine is 1 unit, so is half a pint of beer... it is advised to have 1 or tops 2 units of alcohol per one time when you drink ... usually no more than a couple of times a week ...

It is best not to drink strong alcohols as vodka or whiskey at all ...

The problem lies in the fact that as the baby's liver does not function properly yet, the baby is not capable to deal with the poison that is alcohol same as our body does ... so it takes the baby a LOT longer to get rid if it ...

So they stay stick 1 or 2 units of alcohol and also drink it slow .....
  • I've had the occasional drink since turning 12 weeks. I was a white wine girl but cant stop at one so now have a small red when I fancy it. If I'm at a pub I'll have 2 halfs of Guiness as my nan was Irish and typically lives on the stuff for the iron and had 12 (!) children, all of them healthy, intelligent and of normal size, except now the men are all fat and bald, they look like garden elves! Dont think we can blame her for that though.
  • wkd's. lol. hope its not blue..? just kidding, a friend of mine drank blue wkd's (like they were water) throughout her pregnancy and baby is fine.

another friend, who didnt know she was pregant until she was in labour TWICE, drank throughout (obviously, not knowing) and quite a lot, including absinthe (why? I don't know!!) and both babies are healthy now. although the first was very small and doc's were a bit concerned about her at birth - she's fine now tho. The second was 8lb 11oz. She didnt even look pregnant. lmao. Nice surprise.

i have had a few beers as and when i fancyand intend to have wine when i am further on - actually totured myself tonight with a little sip, but sticking to my orange squash. I MUST DRINK MORE WATER!!
  • Haha, yep it's the blue ones too lol!!! I am addicted when not pregnant and can drink them all night. It gives me heartburn now though so just as well, otherwise I would want more. Know what you mean about needing to drink more water, although I drink pints of squash through the day and have since I was a kid so that must be just as good!?!?!?xxxxx
  • Faith85
    toxic blue wkds's lol!!
    ......squash is almost as good as water. i did some research a couple of years back and becuase is is not pure water the liver has to do more work to break down the cordial stuff. which is not really a big deal, its better to drink that than no water at all. i dont mind water too much so trying to alternate other drinks with water. much rather have a BEER!
  • Faith85
    toxic blue wkds's lol!!
    ......squash is almost as good as water. i did some research a couple of years back and becuase is is not pure water the liver has to do more work to break down the cordial stuff. which is not really a big deal, its better to drink that than no water at all. i dont mind water too much so trying to alternate other drinks with water. much rather have a BEER!
  • Ah yeah I think I heard something like that before, but can't stand water on it's own!!!!! Roll on July is all I can say, then I will have my body back and wont have all these worries about what we can and can't do. Also can't wait to meet baby lol!!!!xxxxx
  • Me too. I got to wait til November tho. BOOOO. still, its the best thing in the world and will all b worth the wait!