Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I am making myself ill with worry

Hi i am 18 weeks pregnant and i am a very nervous and worried person in general. I suffer from depression and it is worse when i am pregnant.

With my little boy i was petrified that something awful was going to happen such as, Miscarriage, Still birth, cot death you name it.

This time round i am far worse. My little boy is 6 so it was 7 years ago since i was pregnant so it's like ive never been pregnant before. I keep thinking something is going to be wrong with the baby. My 12 week scan was fine and i have my 20 week one is 3 weeks. I am convinced something is going to go wrong.

I have not really felt the baby, apart from little things which im not too sure is the baby and people have commented that i am small for 4 1/2 months. Just been on Facebook looking at pictures and have come across 2 people that i know of who have had still born babies. I am so scared and worried it is making me ill. Sorry to rant but i needed to get it off my chest, I feared this would happen again xx

Replies

• Aww hun :/(

It may help you to go and speak to your mw or gp.

They may be able to refer you to a counsellor (sp?)
    And please please please dont use google as a tool to try and ease your stress. It can make it worse.

Take care sweethearts &&& keep positive x
  • Hi

I can understand your worry, as i feel the same. This is my 1st pregnancy & i'm petrified of MC.
    All i can say is, the more you worry, the more the more you will put your buba under stress. Your 12 week scan was fine, then yipeeeee, be happy. Your 6 year old is living proof that you can do it honey, so try not to worry !!
    All the best

Mrs C xx
  • If it get too over-whelming then don't be scared to talk to your GP/midwife about how you're feeling - don't feel you should be happy all the time - that would be the worst thing you could do x

I never realised until I get pregnant just how much there was to worry about! I haven't really thought too much about the birth yet - am to caught up in the "what ifs" during pregnancy still at the moment - and am now anxious about my anomaly scan in a couple of weeks time in case they see a problem image

Am trying my best not to worry too much, but you are absolutely normal to worry - every twinge etc lol. Try not to google problems too much - it just feeds worry and it will be better to take every day as it comes and read up on problems IF they happen, and the likliehood is that you won't have problems as the majority of pregnancies end up with a lovely new fresh healthy baby xx

xxx
    19+3