Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I dont understand my preg test results no more !

Okay i took the first one.. and it was negative, clear negative, took another one and it had a really faint positive line but it was definatly there. Then the following day, i took another and it also had a positive line, but half of it faded? and the other half went stronger? Then today, i went to the doctors, it was negative.. came home, did another home one and it was supposed to have 1 horizontal line down the middle for positive, and no lines for negative.. but one in the control window. Yet there was two lines going VERTICAL... so i did another, and the same happened again.. :/ I dont understand? :S
Help..:\?

Replies

• Options
    Is it worthe getting a clearblue digital? I know their expensive but seeing the words is much clearer than having to try and work out lines!
  • Options
    Not sure about the last 2 you took but apparantly
    the doctors tests cant detect it as well as the shop bought ones do.
    Xxx
  • Options
    i would buy a first response or clear blue and they will tell you for sure either way, i was ttc for months and months and never had a problem with these tests. x
  • Options
    Maybe its a little early to try??

I got a negative with a clearblue digital and i was pregnant so im not sure that will help you either! xxx
  • Options
    G/Cing... is your AF late already? If not I'd wait until then and take a clear blue digital. I was a bit like MrsNoName, I took many tests when I was having pg symtoms but all BFN even though I was actually pregnant. I didn't get a positive until the day AF was due. I tested with first morning urine on a FR and got a faint line, so used a clear blue digital to make sure. Hope you get the outcome you want x
  • Options
    CBD's are not v sensitive so only use if definately 'late'. I used it to cofirm my pregnancy but only after i had about four other clear positives!
    The best are First Response etc as they are more sensitive. When i went to the docs they said theirs aren't very sensitive either (more along the lines of the cbd) so this is why it may have not shown up there?
    Dx
  • Options
    Okay thankyou, the positives have been clear blue first response ones. I dont understand why 2 of the others had different lines to what there ment to? :/ - 2 parallel vertical lines? and one in the control window? done that twice down. There not even going the right direction! im confused.
  • Options
    You could also try the Superdrug's own test - they're sensitive if you're testing early on and I never had any problems with these.

xxx
  • Options
    what cycle day are you actually on? all tests should give you are a clear positive if it's after af is due. How long is your normal cycle and on what day did you have the sex? that might elp us make sense of the tests, as the ones that have shown positive, if they have faded sound faulty. my baby is due in 3 weeks and i still have my hpts and they are still showing strong lines. only the cbd went blank after a couple of days.
  • Options
    Like arls308 superdrug own test are very sensitive, I got both my BFP using these.
    I hope things work out for you hun, keep us updated xx
  • Options
    G/C here but isnt it that 2 stright lines are a negitive and one straight and a cross one is pregnant on the tests?

this is on the first responce website x

The First Response Early Pregnancy Test has an easy to read test stick - two pink lines in the Result Window means you are pregnant, one pink line means you are not pregnant. The appearance of a second line, no matter how faint, is a positive result.

[Modified by: grudie on February 25, 2010 10:35 AM]

• Options
    I dont mean to sound like im talking down to you or anything.. but when you say the lines are going the wrong way are you sure you have read the instructions properly?? Its just some tests control windows are different to other ones.

I got a test (cant remember where from) and i didnt read the instructions thinking i knew how it worked and i thought i got a positive but i had actually read it wrong! It still showed up 2 lines but needed a third for a positive (i was however pregnant it was just too early to show up!)

Hope that didnt sound horrible thats not my intention.. just re check the instructions hunni xx
  • Options
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gMhSipTEpWk/Sayy-JPB8zI/AAAAAAAAA4Y/W4lpv9kWQik/s400/Slide1.jpg

The 2 clear blue ones, showed up like that one. The others negative? Maybe its just clear blue that can pick it up this early compared to the others, im just confused.
  • Options
    that looks positive to me hun. sometimes faint lines can look like tide marks when theyve risen up the test. xx
  • Options
    If it's shown up on a Clearblue the Clearblue Digi one should too. It will give you a more straightforward result. xx

p.s I've used Clearblue non digi in the past and the line was quite faint.
  • Options
    do you know how pregnant you actually are? it just seems odd to me that you are still not sure, your tests arent clear, the doctor has told you it's negative yet you have told the father already. i'd have waited until i knew for sure.

so what is you LMP date? as this will help us to know whether you are testing too early, the tests are faulty or any other suggestions. if you are late they should all say clear positives.
  • Options
    Hi all its my little girl you have been trying to help and i really apreciate it x she doesnt really understand all the LMP and stuff shes only just 16, she mentioned she may be to the dad and yes she was due on on the 26th x the test she showed you a link to was exactly like the one she did myself her dad and her firends all saw it too we thought we were inmagining it, obvioulsy very much in shock as you can imagine xx i really apprecitae you all telking to her xxx thank you xx
  • Options
    Has she tested again since? It might be worth getting a CBD just to be sure. x x x
  • Options
    i think we are going to wait a couple more days its costing me a fortune! but we both really appreciate your support x
  • Options
    Hi,
    Why don't you take her back to the doctor's if there is so much confusion? The doctor's won't charge for you a test and you can both stop worrying earlier.
    Good luck, hope you get your answer clearer soon
    xxxx