Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

stretch mark cream

Hi all
I am 14 weeks and just wondering when you started using a cream to prevent stretch marks and which ones you would recommend
Any advice gratefully received x

Replies

• Hi leanne. Start using a good moisturiser straight away. Unfortunately there nothing you can do to prevent stretch marks, although some people will swear that Bio-Oil is a miracle cure. Its really down to genetics. Use a vitamin E rich moisturiser to keep skin supple, drinks lots water and avoid excessive weight-gain.
    Good luck and take care.
  • i have used palmers cream with both pregnancys 1st time i didnt get any this time i look like i have been used as a cats scrach post!!! on how to look good naked palmers came up the best i think i have them this time because its a boy"!!!!
  • Oh the joys of pregnancy! The Palmers one came out best in the test I saw on TV - the one at ??120 - yes ??120!!!!!! came last! I've got Palmers and Bio-oil, I prefer the Palmers but I don't know which one works best I just know which one leaves my skin softest x
  • Oh the joys of pregnancy! The Palmers one came out best in the test I saw on TV - the one at ??120 - yes ??120!!!!!! came last! I've got Palmers and Bio-oil, I prefer the Palmers but I don't know which one works best I just know which one leaves my skin softest x
  • HIya. I am 21 weeks and for the last 3 weeks I have been using Bio-Oil. I don't have any stretchmarks yet but to be honest I used to be a lot bigger so it might just be that my skin is already used to the stretching. Perhaps when I get bigger than I ever have been I might see some new ones but who knows.

Either way OH has decided to get involved in helping rub the Bio-Oil in as it normally ends up with him getting something out of it too!!! Long may it continue!!!!
  • hi just to be the bad one to tell you this,

iv been creaming from the start and i was stretch mark free untill i got to 31 weeks now iv got them all on my sides but only got 3 on my belly so doing well at the mo.
  • Im 39 weeks, im using bio oil every morning and night, it keeps my skin soft but not stopped the stretch marks, they arent as red tho so i suppose it just helps, ur either going to get them or not, id use cream straight away tho!! Just to keep your skin soft.
  • I have been using Palmers since day one and I haven't got any stretch marks still at 36+2 weeks. I didn't use anything with the first baby and my stomach looked like a map of the underground.

Palmers also helps old stretch marks to fade and I have found this to work. I would definitely recommend it!
  • I've been using Palmers thanks to Claire Weston, as I noticed last week I had a faint one, only been using it since Friday so its early days - but makes your skin feel lovely.
  • Ive been using baby oil gel in morning and palmers at night since I found out I was pregnant, im 34 + 4 now and I havent got any as yet.....
    Hopefully will stay that way too.

Vicki xx
  • Im only 9 wks but am baby oiling after every bath/shower and once dry am covering over with moisturiser( this is also helping no end with my leg cellulite!). When my friend was pregnant she bathed in baby oil every night, and then plastered baby oil all over before putting on an old nightie and crawling into bed with really really old bed sheets. She never got 1 stretch marck, lucky cow xxx
  • Hi ya sorry to be the one to put a downer on things but it is proven that you either have stretchy skin or you dont & if you dont you will inevitably get stretch marks!!!

I am one of the unfortunate ones, i have tried every cream/oil going & no luck. So i decided to research it & found out that you are either lucky or you arent***

Lets hope you lot are the stretchy skin type!!!!!!
  • Hi everyone, I have been using palmers too and i am 38 wks. It was doing the job ok until the last couple of weeks when i started retaining a lot of fluid under my skin so now my stomach is starting to resemble a very bumpy road map!!
  • HI

While I was pregnant I used Palmers and didn't get any stretch marks until the last weeks oand then I got a few arond the bottom of my stomach area I also got some around my thighs when actually having my baby so remember to use the cream on the tops of your legs too. Even tough I got some stretch marks I still use [almers and the stretch marks are getting better all the time you can really see the difference. But just remember they are something to be proud of and you got them through the miracle of life.
  • I'm using a cream from bodyshop which is specifically to reduce and prevent stretch marks. So far so good. I don't have any already (this is my first baby) so I can't comment on the cream working to reduce existing stretchmarks
  • Hi girls,
    i'm 34+5 and since i got pregnant i've been using Boots Mediteranean honey, olive oil and neroli massage body butter. It absorbs very quickly and leaves the skin very soft. I had a few strech marks around my hips from yoyo dieting few years ago but now they seem to fade and although my belly is getting bigger by the hour still no signs of new strches .