Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

7 weeks pregnant & can't sleep

I'm so sad that you never got a response to this question, and that I'm still looking for an answer, so I'm going to answer this anyways - hoping that you have a happy 5-6 yr old now. 

During the first trimester it seems that many people have troubles sleeping. I feel sick before I go to sleep and that keeps me up - it's also the worry about not being in the safety zone and racing thoughts, some people say it's just the hormones. 

Try to not nap during the day, power through your day. Have a warm bath and your partner give you a rub down so you are relaxed. You can try meditating, warm milk, some have even suggest a small cup of hot chocolate on the really bad nights because it is rather soothing. Try to cut back on meat and other gassy foods at dinner time - eat your big meal in the afternoon - your digestive track has slowed down because of the hormones in the body - they are used to relax the soft muscles in your body so things like your intestines are smoothed out and things take much longer to go through. With the extra time it takes to get through it also means that there is that much time for bacteria that causes the gas to build more gas! Terrible bodies! lol

I have found that between journalling and a warm bath and a warm cup of water I seem to be able to at least get to sleep around 10-11 and wake up around 4... it's not great sleep but better then the 2 hr naps I was having with 2 hrs away between! 

This is all info from women that I've spoken with, my doctor, and my nurse practitioner.