Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Round ligament pain??

Hello everyone,

Oh my goodness I am in so much pain i can barely type this! I'm 24+6 and for the past hour or so I have been having sharp jabbing pains that come and go (about every 2 mins!) on my lower left hand side of my abdomen..it hurts so bloody much!

Builds like a contraction (but don't worry I know its not as all on one side) then is awful for about 10 secs then subsides again..Ive googled it and looks like round ligament pain (as that is in that area and common in 2nd trimester)..

I didnt have any of this with DS - can't actually move from sofa at the moment..just wondered if anyone else has been suffering with this and any tips/advice - and when will it go away!?! OUCH OUCH OUCH!!xxx

Replies

• Hi, sorry I can't help but I didn't want to R&R.

Hope someone can give you some advice and you feel better soon!

YummyMummy79
    37+3
  • Ive had that alright, but not as severe as you are describing, but yes on the one side & also low down & all across, they felt like early labour pains to me, but they soon taper off when i lay down.

Might seem like a cop out reply, but it cant do any harm to ring your mw & ask is the severity normal in some women.

Sounds awful hon,

Hope it subsides soon!!

KJxx