Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Do they change your edd....

After your 20 week scan? If the baby is say a few days ahead?

thanx
xx

Replies

• Options
    I wouldn't have thought so, i'd think all that is done at the 12 week scan?!

I never had mine changed at 20 weeks.
  • Options
    Yeh it has been done at 12 week but i had a private scan at 17 weeks and was 3 days ahead so i just wondered. x
  • Options
    Neither of mine changed from the original edd given to me by my mw, worked out according to last AF. In my area they only adjust the date at the 12-week scan, and then only if the scan shows baby to be behind or ahead by more than 7 days.
  • Options
    Hi,

No they won't - the reason being is that the 12 week scan is the most reliable in terms of baby's age, after that each baby could grow at a different pace and have different growth spurts etc. That's how I understand it anyhow.

Kelly (35+6)

xx
  • Options
    I would of prefered this lol coz that would have meant i would be due 18th Nov rather than 20th. I think the 18th was more accurate. xx
  • Options
    With my ds they worked my dates out from af and although I was ahead at the 12 week scan it was less than 7 days so stuck with the orginal date.

However this time around they do not work it out from af but waited until 12 week scan. However my mw then adjusted this date at my booking in appointment, only for it to be changed back at my 20 week scan.

Been told that the af is no longer used and the date given at the 12 week scan is more accurate and they use that these days.

Guess it all depends on your area, and time, as its only been 17 months since I had my son and its changed.

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/08m4.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev278pr___.png

• Options
    Ob i know its highly unlikely that i would go in2 labour on the specific date anyway but it makes it seem nearer. xx
  • Options
    I think it must depend on the area you live in. Here (NI) it seems to be quite common to change the date at the 20 week scan. My friend had hers brought forward by a week at the 20 wk apt xx
  • Options
    Hi,

I think like the others it must depend on the area you're in. By my LMP I'm due on 20th August, which is about right, but at my 12 week scan they moved me forward 6 days to 14th August (I wasn't complaining!!) even though that meant I concieved about 2 days after I finished my period - which I know is possible, but unlikely. All I'm thinking is that bubs will be late.

Saying that, I asked at my 20 week scan what the measurements were (they don't usually do them as like the others have said after about 13 weeks babies tend to grow at different rates) and it was spot on for the date and now my fundal (?) height is measuring right too.

xxx
  • Options
    When I went for my 12 week scan I thought I was 12 weeks 4 days as I had a early scan at 10 weeks. However, at the 12 week scan I was sent to a different department and the woman was really unhelpful. It wasn't til a couple of weeks later I noticed that in my notes she had put:

19th May: CRL=12+4. EDD=5th December.

if that was the case and i was 12+4 on 19th May, then on the 5th December i will be 41 weeks 3 days.
    I was hoping they'd be able to see if she had made an error on my 20 week scan?! Or does this sound right?
    I'm so confused lol.
    xx