Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just come over from TTC.

I'm just come over from TTC. I got my BFP yesterday. How long did it take for you to get a doctors appointment? Ive got to wait three weeks!

Replies

• Hi hun, congrats!! that does seem like abit of a wait! I had my doctor appointment 2 weeks after I got my BFP but that was the way I wanted it, I'm sure I could have got 1 earlier if I needed it. Is it because your doctor is in demand? Did you tell them the reason for the appointment?
    It's nothing to really worry about, most doctors won't do anything other than take your BP and refer you to the midwife, who usually contacts you around 8-9 weeks, so in your case I'm sure they'll push your referral that bit quicker as you'll be further along xx
  • i got my bfp on the friday (good friday) sp earliest i cld phone the docs was the tuesday as it was the long bank holiday weekend...i phoned in the morning, they agve me a telephone appointment, the doc phoned me back that afternoon to tell me he was referring to mw and that i cld go up to collect my folic acid prescription from reception...3weeks later i got the letter form the mw saying my appointment is in 2weeks from then. it seems awfully silly to make u wait just to register ur pregnancy and be referred, cos taht is all they do, they don't do a preg test or take bloods or anyuthing, jsut give u a rough edd based on lmp and refer u to mw...i wld phone back and just ask if they cld give u cotact details for mw so u can do it urself or request a telephone appointment x
  • I never saw my doctor. I called saying I had BFP and they gave me the number for the local midwife centre. They took all my details and I finally saw someone at 10 weeks x
  • Congratulations on your BFP.
    I shouldn't worry to much about having to wait to see your doctor as when you do it is a little of a let down. All they do is tell you to make an appointment with the midwife. They dont even test now as they say that home tests are good enough to go by.
    You will then go on to see a midwife who will give you a booking in appointment, where they go over yours and your family history and discuss which hospital you would like. At this point she will write off to get you your first scan.
    For a start it feels as though nothing is happening but believe me once you get going it is none stop to then end!

Maz x
    Baby due tommorrow!! x
  • Thanks for the advice. This is my first I don't know really what to expect. I said I was pregnant but still booked me in for three weeks time.
  • hey,

i also got my BFP yesterday. I had a doctors appointment yesterday so I told him then as i was on other medication so he needed to stop that. he then told me to make an appointment with the MW for my booking in which is on 25th May. At our surgery we dont have to see a doctor we just have to see the midwife...xx
  • Yey congratulations on you BFP's ladies!! xx