Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

bleeding!

Hi has anyone had the same problem as me i am 13weeks 4days and i have had small amounts of bleeding throughout my pregnacy so far pretty much pain free i have been for 3 scans because of the bleeding and everythink is ok i am due 1st september has anyone had the same problem would love to here and any advice on how long this goes on for??

thanks mel x x

Replies

• Hi mel186, I've had bleeding right throughout my pregnancy and had to have a total of 8 unplanned scans now as well as the two planned ones. Each time baby has been fine and they have been unable to find the cause of the bleeding. I've been off work since Dec last year and have been told to take things easy and refrain from sexual activity. My doctor (who is also pregnant) said that some women do go through pregnancy with bleeding and that it is nothing that I have or have not done. Hope it all clears up for you mel. xx
  • thanks for your help makes me feel a bit better that someone else is going through the same thing as me hope all turns out ok 4 u in the end mel x x x
  • hey, I also had similar issues. To begin with at 5 weeks they thought I was ectopic as I was bleeding and having stomach pains. I have then had on and off for ages. I had it at 8 weeks, 10 weeks (christmas week), 13 weeks and some very light at 17ish weeks. My GP is fed up with me and told me "the nhs don't scan for reassurance!" but my midwife has been great and checks the heartbeat for me every time. My last scan (at 10 weeks) found nothing according to my GP (although I don't think they really looked).
    In the end at 15 weeks I had a private scan done and that was very thorough checking everything and nothing was found to be causing it. They concluded I probably had a cervical erosion.

I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine - I'm now going for my 20 week scan this week and all is okay so far. It apparently happens a lot. Good luck - I know it is very worrying and frustrating.
  • hi mel, i have been bleeding on and off , The reason for this is i have a heamotoma which is a bruise/blood clot in my womb. i had one really messy bleed on jan 5th then just on and off since then i am now 19 weeks 3 days . baby is doin just fine have had 5 scans and 2 internals to check cervix, have been off work since jan , if all is well at 20 weeksscan on 5th march then will be going back to work but only if it has gone completely