Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Heartburn

Hi,

Please reccomend your tried and tested heartburn remedies something instead of drink gaviscon (or boots equivalnt) out of the bottle!!!:lol:

Shell xx

Replies

• Options
    milk???? I love the stuff any way but find it really helps or ice cream may be??? Haven't tried it but its creamy its cold and its gooooooooooood!! LOL
  • Options
    I would also suggest milk. semi skimmed or skimmed and it has to be ice cold xx
  • Options
    Milk worked for me and I only had a very small amount, as I don't really like it.

I can also recommend ice cream and fruit rennies xx
  • Options
    apparently not eating chocolate is supposed to help - haven't tried it myself i couldn't give chocolate up.
  • Options
    Hon
    Have you tried ice cream or ice poles? They really helped relieve the burning, especially the ice poles. And funnily enough, cups of tea too.xxx
  • Options
    Hi hun

have been told about a tablet you can get over the counter and is safe for pregnant women - its called: Ranitidine

HTH - I am planning to get some as sometimes the Gavisgon just doesnt work!

• Options
    Hi, I am using Rennie Dual Action tablets in industrial amounts at the moment...they are fine to use in pregnancy. Also am drinking peppermint tea after eating, to be honest it's not very nice but does help that 'feel like I am going to explode feeling'.

xx