Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

You know you're pregnant when... :lol:

- You sit down for a cup of tea and wake up 3 hours later

- You burst into tears because the bathroom smells too strongly of deodorant

- You spend all evening cooking a delicious meal then feel sick at the first bite

- You buy tonnes of jacket potatoes because they were the *only* thing you could stomach last week, only to find that this week the mere idea of eating them makes you feel sick

- You seriously consider going back to bed within an hour of getting up

- You complain all day about feeling horrendous then panic as soon as you start to feel better (or even slightly less sick)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/TMIXp1.png

Replies

• :lol: Oh yes. All of the above.
  • lol, loving this post, xx
  • lol...Oh the joys!!
    CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS....
    Sorry to just butt in on your thread- I wanted to ask how you get your ticker? I have tried putting one here for TTC- but cant?? cant find where to paste it?
    Would really appreciate your help! Thank you x
  • ha ha love this post.

you walk past a pram in the street and don't look at the baby inside but search for make and model

• So agree with the complaining about feeling ill all day and then having a major panic if you only have your head over the toilet 10 times in a day as opposed to the usual 20!!

- thinking that crisps, bread, chips and anything else full of carbs constitutes a balanced diet and then thinking that any weight gain is a 'bump' and nothing to do with the fact that you think its perfectly normal to eat crisps for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!
  • a life without heartburn is a dim distant memory

all the foods you like you hate and vice versa and then that all changes around and shopping becomes a nightmare.

you develop bump obsession....not there....too small...too big...etc

all of a sudden you can't think of a single name you and OH like...not a single one and 8 months later you still can't.

you have no short term memory...where was i? what was i saying?

MJx
    37+2
  • You know your pregnant when......................

you crave all the things your told not to eat....even though you wouldn't have previously touched them with a barge pole!

You are sooooo off your husband one minute then can't love him enough the next.

You become crazily obsessive over the slightest thing...and if hubbie doesn't very quickly become equally obsessive in support of you, you quickly go into the biggest sulk known to mankind :lol:

You tell your husband he is lying if he says you are gorgeous and still as attractive as the day he met you.....but then dare he agree with you over the size of your thighs, you stop speaking to him for a week!

A good night's sleep becomes a distant memory.....and one minute you want a snuggle, then the next your saying "for god sake man give me some room, there is two of us on this side now move over and don't touch me again!" :lol:

In a quiet moment away from hubbie you chuckle to yourself at just how hormonal you have become and how your hubbie suffers for it........but then dont admit it to his face image

Emxx
    25+1
  • you see your toilet more times a day than any member of your family.
  • Em you are so funny and everything you said is absolutely true...I just thought that was me!!

Melissa 23+6
  • This is SO funny, i cant wait till i am much further on, as at 5+1 not much seems to have changed- except the more frequesnt loo visits lol x
  • This is SO funny, i cant wait till i am much further on, as at 5+1 not much seems to have changed- except the more frequesnt loo visits lol x
  • aww this thread has really cheered me up today! love the fact i can relate to every single one hahaha!!!
    nat 29 +1 xx
  • You know you are pregnant when...

You plan routes to places around where the nearest toilet is.

You have to wear flip flops in the rain because they are the only shoes you can squeeze your feet into.

You cry because the bread you were planning on having for your lunch is mouldy.

You can manage to work any conversation back to babies or pregnancy (also works for weddings when you are getting married lol)

You and your husband sleep in seperate beds because there isn't room for you, your bump, your sleep pillow and him!!

You know exactly how many weeks pregnant you will be at every event in your calender!

You plan your outfit when you are meeting friends or family based around what makes your bump look the biggest!! (in earlier pregnancy anyway while a bump is still a novelty not an inconveniece lol)
  • You cry because the bread you were planning on having for your lunch is mouldy.

omg this was me at the weekend! not helped by hubby saying "well it's your own fault for not putting it in the fridge" (doesn't he realise that makes it go stale?!)
  • Yep agree, especially the food ones! x
  • I sat there sulking for a bit planning on not having any lunch just to spite the bread for being mouldy, not sure what that would achieve but then my OH rang me and asked what I was up to so I promptly burst into tears and said I can't have any lunch because the bread is mouldy!
    In my completely irrational and hormonal state I deliberately ignored the fact there is a cafe in our apartment complex but I was annoyed at him for suggesting it when I had vowed not to eat lol.
    In the end I had to wait until I stopped crying and didn't look like a toddler having a tantrum anymore before I went and had a lovely lunch in the cafe lol.
    It was the first time I let all the crazy out and my OH thought there was something wrong when I started crying. It took me ages to convince him later that yes I really was crying about bread and there was nothing else wrong!!
  • Or you turn up at your mum's house in floods of tears just coz he doesn't understand. When she asked you what wrong you haven't got a clue.

30+2
  • Lol Verty, if I lived close enough to my Mum to do that I think I would be there every other day!!
  • love this thread!!!

You know you're pregnant when.....

You burst into tears at the dentist - and that was only to the receptionist (not even got to the waiting room, let alone the dentist room!)

you keep leaving your mobile phone in the fridge!

you wonder why the milk bottle top doesn't screw onto the top of the coffee jar?!

I'm 12 + 5 - so still got plenty of time to add some others!!!!

x

[Modified by: purplebubbles on October 27, 2009 03:06 PM]

• haha Miss impatient, I think I nearly made hubby cry last nigt walking round tesco's
    me: "hmmm I think i want a doughnut" - looks at doughnuts - "or do I want a cookie" - goes and looks at cookies,
    "nope, I dont fancy ither of those, I want shortbread" - goes across the store to find shortbread "hmmm actually I dont want that ither, I want crisps" goes across the store again, by this point hubby (who has been at work all day and is knackered and hungry) looks like he might actually burst into tears
    "I'm really sorry baby, but I dont want crisps ither, I definatly want ice-cream"
    I fianlly setteled on ice-cream and hubby said if I hadn't of decided he would of put me in one of the ice cream freezers at tesco and left me there.

Hahaha poor boy x