Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Worried :-(

Got a scan today, I'm 10+3 and after a miscarriage, a missed miscarriage and a still birth in the last 2 years and I am terrified!!! Hubby can't be there because he works away so I am on my own, as I was when I found out about that my baby had died last time. I can't bear the thought of going in there and seeing another lifeless baby on the screen.

I am shaking like a leaf and feel like I am going to throw up!! Not going till 1.30pm and I don't know what to do with myself till then!! xxxxx

Replies

• i know it's easier said than done, but please try not to worry, think positive, this baby will be fine.

I wish you all the very best, maybe take yourself round the shops to pass away the time.

• Oh hunny.

You really have been through the mill havent you. There is very little I can say to make things better, or help to make you feel more confident, but I really am wishing you all the luck in the world. Remember, there is no reason why there will be a problem today.

Is there anything you can do to keep yourself busy until then?

Lots if Love and luck hun and hope to see your happy update later xxx
  • Oh course you feel worried, you have really had a hard time.

Yes maybe have a wander around the shops or go for a coffee somewhere and treat yourself to cake and a trashy magazine before hand.

Thinking of you.

XX

• I think it's so natural to be worried. I'm terrified about my 12 week scan and I've not been through near as much heartache.

Do you have a friend or family member to go with you, even if they waited in the reception? Where are you in the UK - is there even a BE'er who could meet you at the hospital for some moral support?
  • I'm in Lytham St Annes, going to Blackpool hospital. One of my friends has said she'll come, but I work with her and we can't both be off.

I know the chances are everything will be OK, but there's always that chance that they wont. xxxx
  • Far too far for me to get there from South Wales by lunchtime, lovely, but I would if I could!

I'm confident everything will be fine, but it's a shame you won't get to share that lovely moment with anyone.

On the very outside chance that it's not good news, could your friend ditch work if you phoned her, come pick you up? I had to drive myself home from a not-ggod-news scan and in hindsight it really wasn't very sensible, or pleasant.
  • Just want to check all is ok hun??

Hope everything is fine with your little bean...will keep checking hun xxx
  • awwww hope it went ok, i have to go my 12 week scan without my partner he will be in europe its scary isnt it, hun xxx will check later for you xxx
  • How did you get on?
  • Hi girls,

Just got back, was there for hours waiting with a VERY full bladder and when I asked if I could empty it the lady on the ward said I could empty it a little bit, how the hell do you do that?? So I waited and in the end gave up and just went for a wee. So when I finally went in she had to do an internal scan and our little baby was there, his/her little heart beating away, he/she wasn't moving much but she said I'd see more movement at my dating scan. I was so relieved and the best thing is that because they were running so late my hubby got there for it image No kidney stones either so got some antibiotics as it must be an infection.

BUT then I went back onto the EPU and the bitch in there said "we can't keep scanning you everytime you get a bit worried"!!! "Most women wouldn't have had a scan by now and you've had 2" so my hubby kicked off and said we were worried sick as we had had 2 MC's and a still birth and we didn't arrange the scan today the GP did because we were so worried and he wanted to put our minds at rest because I'd had some bleeding that we weren't sure was in my wee or from the baby. I can't believe she made us feel we were wasting her time!!! If there's anything wrong in the future I'm going to be so scared to phone them!!

So anyway, most important thing is BABY IS FINE!!!! xxx
  • So pleased that everything is ok.

How dare the rube cheeky cow say that to you, and good on your hubby for saying something back. The gp made the referral not you and that's that and they have to scan whenever someone tells them to....the nerve of the women!
  • oh honey.
    Firsty CONGRAULATIONS, it's brililant news everything is ok.
    I did laugh when you said about going for a wee for a bit, if anyone can do that i'll be very surprised!!!
    Fab news your hubby got there and what a cow in EPU. I really woudln't listen to her at all. The DR would n ot send you for a scan if it was not necessary. youare not "most women", you have been through some traumatic times and need their help and support. As my nan says, it's what you pay your stamp for! I think she means NI hehe!
    Really pleased for you chick.xxx
  • Vicki I'm so pleased it all went well and that your hubby was able to make it to be there with you!

I'm afraid I might have actually slapped that woman in EPU if that was me! How dare she! I was lucky in my last pregnancy (well, not that lucky because I m/c) but because of a previous m/c I was really well supported by my EPU. I'm sorry you had someone be so rude to you, I hope it doesn't put you off contacting them again if you are concerned about anything.