Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PGP and SPD second time round

I only found out I was pg with number 2 on Friday but this morning I woke up with the oh so familarly pains in my hips, back and pelvis I had whilst pg with my daughter. I was diagnosed with PGP and SPD when I was about 12 weeks pg with Lily and referred to a physio but to be honest I pretty much suffered throughout. I kinda expected I would get it this time round but now I am really worried because last time there were days when I literally could not get out of bed, get dressed, walk down stairs or go to the loo without horrible pain and help from my OH. Now I have a very active 14 month old to care for and I just don't know what I will do if I end up in the same way. Anyone else been or in this situation and have any ideas what I can do to help?

Anneka 5+4

Replies

• g/c here and I have no tips as not been there YET!! :\)

just interested to know same thing as it's the one big thing I am worried about when getting pregnant again.
  • go and ask SB shes a expert on this as she has suffered with both her pregnancies :lol:

sarah
  • Hi,
    I am on my first pregnancy so not got personal experience of a second. But have been told if you have had SPD or PGP before you are likely to get it again- sorry :\( The reasons you were affected the first time are stll likely to be present. I think someone said it isn't unusual to get symptoms earlier with subsiquent pregnancies.
    I have my first physio apt tomorrow. Am starting to struggle some days as you said. Would probably be beneficial to ask for a referral now as waiting lists are so long :evil:
    Lilou x
    PS I have left a message for SB but seemingly she is away ATM..