Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pins and needles in my hips

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and find that if I sleep on my right side I get pins and needles in my left hip. Even if I sit in a certain way. Is that normal?

Replies

• Options
    No idea, but in lots of the books it recommends that you sleep on your left hand side but doesn't mention why. Maybe thats it??!!
  • Options
    you're supposed to sleep on your left side as it's supposed to better for the blood flow to the placenta :\) the reason you're probably getting pins & needles in your hip is the postion of the baby. when you lie the right side it must be trapping some nerves giving you pins & needles. Like with anything it sounds quite normal but I'd mention it to your midwife, even if you can't get a meeting just give them a ring to stop the worry.. :\) take care xxx
  • Options
    you're supposed to sleep on your left side as it's supposed to better for the blood flow to the placenta :\) the reason you're probably getting pins & needles in your hip is the postion of the baby. when you lie the right side it must be trapping some nerves giving you pins & needles. Like with anything it sounds quite normal but I'd mention it to your midwife, even if you can't get a meeting just give them a ring to stop the worry.. :\) take care xxx
  • Options
    if i lay on the sofa on my back for to long i get a very numb bum then i move to my side that goes numb after a while i think it is normal im 32+ weeks
  • Options
    Hi girls i 2 get pins ad needles in the hip i sleep on it wakes me up coz it goes numb think its down to the weight of bubs. xxxxx p.s im 27wks.
  • Options
    I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one. I started to feel it in both hips, doesn't matter how I lay. Very annoying though!
  • Options
    I have a update on my pins and needles situation. I now get it even when I sit or stand. Only in the left hip and not all the time. Is than normal? I think I will ask the midwive at my next visit in 2 weeks