Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

38 weeks pregnant - Not sure is this labour?

38 weeks pregnant and woke up to feeling of sickness and needing to go the toilet, i had the runs. To then having on and off back pains to now frequent and just have it constantly also got period like cramps and my stomach is constantly hard and tight baby been lively with low pressure. Not had a show or any leak and baby doesnt seem to have dropped drastically. Dont want to seem dramatic and say anything till im sure myself boyfriend is up and in work at 5 in the morning. Please help feel abit on my own as its 3am and no one up x

Replies

• Options

I’m not sure I’m much help except being in the 3am and awake club! Apparently if it is labour though any pain will get more intense over time. Have you tried taking some paracetamo? Everytime I’ve had stomach cramps so far that has sorted me out and ended any thoughts that it may be labour - first baby here too though! Keep us posted x

• Options

I know awful isnt it lol image Yeah tried that and no different.. First baby too and u feel silly for ringing or saying anything incase just false alarm x

• Options

Oh don’t feel silly! I’ve been in the hospital too many times to count over various things, the worst that can happen is that they say your not in Labor and then at least you can rest. 

I would wait a couple of hours and see if the pain gets worse and then give them a call.

By the way your also much nicer than me id defo of woke up the Oh to share in my pain 😂

• Options

Yeah would of done usually but think pushing it now as hes already gone of the sofa due to being up and down lol image anyway yes going to try laying down and see how i feel been for a long walk up and down hills today so not sure of that has anything to do with and a bath which usually i habe showers due to feeling and moving like a whale in the bath. Im due on 17th so not sure. X

• Options

I had this I was feeling sick needing the loo most the night and I just thought it was the fish and chips I had 😂 went into labour at 6am after been up all night 

• Options

I like this lol. Still nothing new, no runs anymore but got period like cramps still back ache now and again and sicky feeling still. Worst bit probably the tightess and hardness to my tummy that's giving me pressure down below quite abit. She hasn't dropped but i was wondering if she has changed some sort of position for me to feel the tightness. Her head was well and truly engaged last tues but been told they can still move out of that?? Do i leave it and see how i feel or ring in hospital or midwife for opinion, sooner than later? X

• Options

If it will put you at ease I’d give them a call, if it is Labor you can always come back home and Labor at home for a bit, get a bath etc until thing become too intense! Everything crossed for you x

• Options

Yeaj your right taking it easy today as was out and about all yday constantly walking and had bath before felt like this. Will see how i feel in afternoon and still not better will ring them. Will update x

• Options

If you’re getting tightenings i would give them a call you could be in early labour 

good luck xxx