Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Right buttock pain?? does anyone else get this??

Hi everyone,

i'm new here and i'm currently 8 weeks 5 days pregnant.

Over the last 2 weeks or so i've developed major pain in my right bum cheek....it is worse after i've been laying down or sitting down for long periods but i also get pain when i'm out and about. Could this be pregnancy related because i've never had this problem before. Does anyone else have this problem?? Know what it is?? lol

I'm flying to Australia on Thursday and I am fearing for my poor bum on that long flight!!

Replies

• Hi there

sounds like it could be sciatica to me. You need to get to a doctors as they can prescribe some anti inflammatories. it can be pregnancy related but probably not in your case as you are so early on.

It's a back issue caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve. Sorry not to give more info but in a rush lol

Hope you get it sorted x

• Hon
    sounds like sciatica like HowExcited said. Get yourself to the DR and they can give you some exercises.
    Unfortunately you can't have any antiinflamattories when pregnant so you just need to grin and bear it but you can take paracetamol. I found that sitting on hard floors made it worse and siting in general too so lay down on the sofa when you are at home. Mine didn't go until I had a few days off from work as I have a sit down job.
    Hope it goes soon for you, mine did in the end so it was definatey pregnancy related, it could be how baby is laying but as your quite early on it may just be coincidence.
    Good luck
    Em
    37+1
    xxx
  • Ahh sorry forgot about anti inflam's when pregnant - my LO is only 14 weeks, how quickly we forget lol.

Ice packs are very good for sciatica pain, and a chiropractor might be able to give you some pregnancy safe exercises.