Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early pregnancy scan at 5-6 weeks - anyone had one?

2»

Replies

• Hey brjg! It's strange you seen a fetal pole at 5 weeks where most of us haven't seen that just the yolk sac and gest sac, my gest sac is measuring at 11.3mm, 7 days ago it was 3.5mm without a yolk sac. Also with the clear blue preg tests, the digital ones. Their options are pregnant or not pregnant then it says how many weeks, you have 1-2 weeks, or 3+ weeks, when i took that test the doctor told me I was 5 weeks but it only come up 1-2 so perhaps I am actually earlier than expected x

• Hi chech 

its so strange isn't it how we can be 2-3 weeks out?

could you even see the fetal pole?

• I really hope so!! X

• I got 3+ weeks at 4weeks 3 days to be honest. At the scan she said I was consistent for five weeks and my period dates gave me exactly five weeks on the day. Perhaps I was closer to six weeks and a few days ahead? Will find out at the next scan I guess. 

• I saw an actual little tiny jellybean on the scan with a fluttering heart beat and yolk sack etc. I got 3+ weeks on clear blue and it came up like immediately but according to private scan at that point I was only barely 4 weeks. Those scans are supposed to be +2-3 weeks I’m sure so god knows. Hoping for more clarity at 12 week scan 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Oh ok well thanks both! I'm hearing mixed reviews! People are saying what you have said, But then some are saying they don't see anything for 6 weeks.

• I honestly think I’m further than they said and my scan put me At 7 weeks + 4 days and I’m led to believe a lot can happen in 2 weeks so please try not to worry. To begin with the sonographer couldn’t even find our baby which was a horrible feeling but it was just barely there 

• Well I've read online about blighted ovum s and apparently in those situations, you wouldn't even see a yolk sac.