Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Replies

• Options
    that is not nice to have a go at him, however if a woman was to have a babe at 71 she would be slagged off.
  • Options
    I personally think its a bit unfair on the babies. They will loose their dad at a young age and no matter how fit he is he wont be able to play ect with them for very long. I know alot of kids grow up without dad and are fine (me inc) but I think its a bit unfair.
  • Options
    I heard about this on the radio. The Mum is about 25 or something. I think it's all a bit strange to be honest, and yes, unfair on the babies.
  • Options
    my dad's dad was in his 60s when my dad was born and died when my dad was in his teens - all my dad remembers is a miserable and frail old man and feels like he never really had a father
    my grandma was only 20 when she had my dad so she has always been there for him but she was left a widow by the age of 40

so i do find it a bit selfish of people to have children at such an old age because i've seen the effect it can have on the children
    but then again if you fall in love with someone and want to have their children, you probably aren't thinking about how old they are other than to think you had better do it asap