Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Brown spotting/ discharge at 6 weeks. Normal?

i haven't had anything but clear discharge since I found out I was pregnant now this morning I have just woken up with brown discharge / spotting. Is this normal? I am 6 wks 3 days?

Replies

• Hi jLou I was the same this week I started spotting brown stuff, i called epau who advised not to worry if it got worse or red to call back.. I thought I was 6w3d. Yesterday I lost a couple of clots and had cramping so went in to epau and had a scan they said everything is in the right place and looks ok and they think I’m earlier than 6w3d she said more like a week earlier. Bloods matched up with scan findings, and im having more bloods tomorrow to check progression. Midwife said spotting is common in early pregnancy and usually nothing to worry about - that said it’s very unnerving to see! hope you’re ok xxx 

• Did you see anything more than the yolk sac and gest sac?

• No that’s all we saw too, she said it was normal but I was panicking that there was no heartbeat she said it’s tok early to see.. it leaves you in limbo though I felt. I just wanted to see it’s little heart and know it was ok xx 

• And how far gone are you did you say?

my last period was 8th May, so my doctor told me I was 5 weeks, which would mean I would be 7 weeks this coming Monday, But the woman who performs the ultrasound scan is saying I'm more like 5 weeks

then the midwife said that can happen too, we can sometimes be 1-2 weeks out? How is that?

• @jlou my last period was also 8/5 I should be 6+5 today scsn on Thursday told us that I looked more like 5 weeks. Had bloods done with were 1555 then had to go back today they’ve gone done slightly to 1489.. I’m heartbroken! Got to go in on Monday for a scan! I hope everything progresses normally for you all! Lots of love xxx

• Hi hun

mine were 1350 a week last Friday, they saw the gestational sac it was measuring 3.5mm. No yolk sac or fetal pole so I was scared about blighted ovum,

i then returned this friday just gone, the gestational sac had grown to 11.2mm and a yolk sac had appeared, They still said they think I am earlier on Than expected. the 8th may being my last period would make me & you 7 weeks on Tuesday. When I originally found out on the 12th June my doctor told me I was 5 weeks but the clear blue digital test showed 1-2 weeks so definately shows I am early because otherwise it would've said 3 weeks +, 

i have read online that seeing a yolk sac distuinshises a real difference between a viable pregnancy and a non viable pregnancy, for example you don't usually see a yolk sac in a blighted ovum. 

so so scared! At least we are going through the same together! 

• It’s so scary isn’ it, i found out on 30th May at 9dpo :-O feels like I’ve known for ages! I Have everything crossed for you xx 

• So so scary! I can't even seem to work out how far gone I am 

• Sadly I’ve been losing my baby over the course of today, Ive got to go to epau first thing - don’t know what they’ll do there. Wishing you all the luck in the world xx

• I'm ever so sorry to hear, I'm very upset for you. How did you know this, was you in any pain? :(

• Hi Hun. I guess you don't need this but just wondering how your doing?