Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

6 weeks pregnant and only a scak showed up on ultrasound

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering has anyone been for a early scan and all it showed was a sack? i was 5 weeks 5 days and they could only see a scak, the dr told me it was 2 early 2 see anyhing else, i was addmitted 2 hospital over the wkend with gallstones, they repeated the scan and they still could only see the sack 4 days after the 1st scan.
I was just wondering should there have been more? Am i worryin over nothing?
I had a mmc 4 years ago and went on 2 have a beautiful daughter who is now 3.
I hope everything will be ok with this pregnancy but just dont want 2 get my hopes up.

Any advice will be great, thankyou for takin the time 2 read and reply! xoxo

Replies

• Hi hunny!
    Please don't worry - that is totally normal for a scan at 6 weeks (I assume it was a trans-vaginal scan? They can see more that way, but still it's very early to see a HB or anything). How awful that they didn't take the time to explain it to you!

Are they going to repeat the scan in a couple of weeks? by then you should be able to see a flickering HB, (but bubs will look like a peanut!) and by 12 weeks s/he will look like a baby.

Hope that helps,
    Nx
    36+2
  • Double post! xx

[Modified by: nikkiandneil on March 17, 2009 07:55 AM]

• Double post

[Modified by: nikkiandneil on March 17, 2009 07:56 AM]

• Hi hon,
    i had a scan at 5.5 weeks and they couldnt see heart beat either or any baby. went back at 7 weeks and everything was fine.

i do hope your pregnancy is okay. i had a mc too before this incident so i know how worrying it is.

try to be positive, and make sure they will scan you asap again to check.

sorry this probably hasnt helped much but i know what your going through.
    take care and hope all is fine
    xx
  • Hi hon,
    i had a scan at 5.5 weeks and they couldnt see heart beat either or any baby. went back at 7 weeks and everything was fine.

i do hope your pregnancy is okay. i had a mc too before this incident so i know how worrying it is.

try to be positive, and make sure they will scan you asap again to check.

sorry this probably hasnt helped much but i know what your going through.
    take care and hope all is fine
    xx
  • I hun - I had an early scan at 5+5 - could only see the sac. Went back at ^=5 and could see the flickering heartbeat. try not to worry - they should've explained it more though. Are they rescanning in a week or so?
    Lisa
    17+4
  • I hun - I had an early scan at 5+5 - could only see the sac. Went back at ^=5 and could see the flickering heartbeat. try not to worry - they should've explained it more though. Are they rescanning in a week or so?
    Lisa
    17+4