Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby names!!! Your opinions please...

Hi all, hope you are all having a lovely morning!
Just wanted a few opinions on baby names please! All going well with a boys name, we've chosen Dylan James, but struggling with girls name!
OH likes Isabella, which i also like, but my mum told me that it seems there are lots of little girls being called isobel/isabella lately (she works on labour ward lol)
We both like Lyra, so think we're going to go with that, as its more unusual without being too "out there" if you know what i mean. Still cant decide on middle names though!!
I would like Francesca, after my mum and dads god daughter who sadly passed away last year with cystic fibrosis, but i dont know if i should check with Francescas mum first? She is still in a bad way, and i wouldnt want to do anything to upset her.
And, to top it all off, both our boys have 2 middle names, so i feel this baby should too! For a boy we thought Frankie, which is what Francesca was always called, but again we'd have to check with her Mum first. For a girl we like May, as its both of our mums middle name But would it sound better with Francesca first or May? Eg Lyra Francesca May, or Lyra May Francesca?? Our surname is North.
I dont remember having all this with our boys, they were easy to name!! They are Jack Michael William and Luca John Robin xxx

Replies

• lovely names! Think it's a wonderful thought to use Francesca or frankie as a middle name but definately run it past her mum first. i think francesca may flows better xx
  • Ahh Nathaniel is a lovely name, we considered it but wasnt sure about Nathaniel North! We also thought about Noah but Noah North is even worse lol! I'm seeing her Mum on fri as it will be the 1st anniversary of Frankies death, so thought if she asks about names i will mention it then. xxx
  • Id opt for lyra francessca may and also think its a lovely tribute to the little un that passed im sure her mum will be very honoured that you thought so much of her little girl.x.