Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Newbie :) Anyone had a scan with Babybond??

Hiya everyone!! I got my BFP on Tuesday and I am a member of DIM! Im considering having a private scan as I seem to be worrying already and 12 week scan seems aggggeeesss away! anyway I have found babybond and wondered if anyone has had an early scan with them? xxxx

Replies

• I had one with them in chelmsford at 8 weeks. they were very nice, and very thorough, and we got quite a few pics, tho it was just a blob with a heartbeat at that stage!
  • I am thinking about having one with them. I got my scan date in today and its when im exactly 12 weeks however i am on holiday then and mw said they def wont do it at 11 weeks so id need to wait until 13 weeks which just seems so far away. Also i dont have any symptoms except tiredness which worries me that baby isnt growing. Although cdc did go up each week.

Sorry for rambling. Yes we will have one but at ??????99 its quite steep! xx
  • there are a couple of girls in DIA which have just had early scans with babybond and said they were brilliant and well worth the money.
    we are booking one for next friday when i will be 8 + 5
    i had a 4D scan at babybond with dd at 28 weeks and they were lovely and we had a great scan with them
    xxxx
  • We had one with Babybond when I was 8 weeks and they were great. It really helped to put my mind at ease when I saw that little blob with a heartbeat!!

It is pricey but they are very thorough and you do get a few pics etc

Liz x
    37+2
  • i have just booked ours this morning for Thursday, ill be 8 weeks and although if all goes well we will just see a blob with a heartbeat it will provide so much reassurance. i dont think I could wait till 12 weeks and we thought ??????99 although a lot isnt too bad for some reassurance x
  • HUGE CONGRATS BROODY KATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i remember you from ttc, we came off contraception at the same time, so happy for u image cant offer any advice on the babybond, just wanted to say congrats when i saw ur post image
  • Thanks everyone, trying to decide whether to have one or not - i dont know if im just panicking and should just enjoy the first 12 weeks? xxx

PS, hi princessA just sent you a FAO in DIJ image xx
  • Just bumping this back up, I keep going to and from the idea of a private scan - just wondered if those of you who have had a scan, whether you had it before or after your booking in appointment with the midwife. My appointment is 29th September, by which time i'll be 8 weeks and I really want an early scan but wont be able to make it till the week after by which time i'll be 9 weeks so thinking I might aswell wait till the usual 12 weeks? or I can have one on Sunday 26th when I'll be 7 weeks? what do you think xxx
  • I've booked one for tomorrow - I'll let you know how it goes, think I'm 9weeks tomorrow but need the reassurance as still no date for 12 week/booking in appt.
  • oooo which clinic you at if you dont mind me asking - please let me know how it goes!! either on here or Due in May xxxxxx
  • it's the one in Glasgow, they were lovely on the phone and hopefully just as lovely in real life!
  • Hi broodykate

I went for mine last Sunday, was 8+3, they were lovely and def worth the money just for the re-assurance. They measured me 8 exactly and i could see the heartbeat flickering away.

They say anything from 7-11 weeks but 7 weeks would be very tiny. Can you not make it on 3rd oct?

Oh i went to stirling xx
  • Well I've only had 4D scans with them (1 in 2007 for my son, and 1 last year for my daughter) and they were brilliant. The first time I went to the one in South London somewhere & the second time to the one in Kent.

They were brilliant & I was really pleased with them. If you like, you can take a look at my video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AsxICp6YHQ
    I put the music to it myself, and the title at the beginning.
  • Hi broodykate,

I've decided I'm going to get an early scan too! I've not even been to the doctor's yet but I am so impatient... thanks for all the comments about Babybond x